Zorloth's Collection

Love it! Gen 3 is my fav gen too, I think late wotc and early ex is the best themed sets yet

2 Likes

and Im a big fan of that box :wink:
I’d love to find a TRR box myself, probably my 2nd fav set

2 Likes

Beautiful collection!! That Team Rocket Returns set is something else, love seeing all those cards together. Best of luck on your future goals!

…i mean ex sucks don’t buy it

7 Likes

@modestmudkip, thank you! And oh man, I’d loveeee to have a TRR box haha. That set is just pure gold.

@fourthstartcg, thanks so much! I really appreciate it coming from the EX aficionado himself :blush:. And yeah, no one else should collect EX Series. Biggest regret of my life. The cards are lame AF. I really wish I went for Base Unlimited :sob:.

3 Likes

What an amazing ex collection! Those stamped holos are insane, I honestly prefer them over the actual holos. Looking forward to the updates!

2 Likes

Thanks man! You helped with it quite a bit :blush:. And same, though the thing I prefer about them is less the stamp and more that they also make the name and HP shiny (for the rares/holos). Makes the card stand out a lot more; definitely my favorite feature that TRR introduced!

2 Likes

I knew what your collection would look like before I even opened this thread :wink:

Awesome stuff, my friend.

2 Likes

so glad to see your collection post :blush: I knew I should have bought the gold stars before they started going for 500+ each…

2 Likes

Thanks! If it makes you feel better, the only TRR gold star I picked up for under $500 was the Mudkip. But yeah, I still need another Mudkip/Torchic for my PokeDex binder so I’m in the same spot lol.

1 Like

So I bought the final remaining card for my Gen 3 PokeDex set (which was a Poke Card creator contest Mudkip) outside of a handful of legendaries that I still am trying to find. I thought I would find in me the motivation to scan like 100 pages of cards lol, but I got super bored after 10 haha. So I’m just posting the first 10 pages for now, and I’ll post the others soon.

Here’s that darn Mudkip, which will arrive and be cracked in due time:

On a separate note, I also finally completed my EX Deoxys set (I ended up going for PSA ~7 condition on the gold stars because I still have to buy duplicates for my PokeDex set and I have finite resources):

(That little line on the top border of Rayquaza isn’t on the card; it’s on the perfect fit.)

Also, some new additions to my PSA 10 sets:

In all likelihood, the Flygon and the Expedition holos aren’t part of my permanent collection. Ultimately my aim is to trim the fat and put it into my early EX Series collection. The Timetwister I included in the scan because it was right next to me, and it’s probably my favorite card in any of my collections. I’ve had it for close to 12 years now, and it was the first ‘major’ MTG purchase I made ($125 via eBay auction!). Felt like a lot at the time lol.

Next up: more of my PokeDex set. And I’d also like to scan my master sets at some point; I’m working intently on making the first 4 (Ruby through TMTA) insanely minty, and I want to show those off (they’re all already done in PSA 8+ quality, but not all complete in mint condition yet).

Thanks for looking :blush:.

16 Likes

@zorloth, What an amazing collection of the Gen 3 starters. Gen 3 is the best generation in my opinion :blush: . Can’t wait to see more and congrats on the WB promos.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! Oh yeah, nothing compares to Gen 3 for me. I love all three starter lines. The WB promos are awesome; super cool release and unique artwork (my favorite of which is actually probably the Wurmple, which is only a few pages away).

1 Like

Love your Expedition Tyranitar.

It’s in my top 3 favourites for card art :blush:

2 Likes

Haha yeah I might be a little biased towards Treecko being my favorite of the WB promos but that Wurmple is definitely second. I think the glare of light on his eye makes him look angry :grin: .

1 Like

Never got into MTG, but I always appreciated its existence, and certainly always loved seeing the artwork. And I think I saw that card just the other day on jonandek’s graded page he showed, but god I love the artwork on that card. Phenomenal stuff. And beautiful additions to the collection mate :blush:

1 Like

Hahaha, the one Jon has is a mint Alpha one – mine is a heavily played Unlimited one. It’s like a PSA 10 1st Ed Zard vs. a PSA 2 base Unlimited Charizard :blush:.

And thanks so much!

1 Like

@zorloth, ahhhhhhhhhhh. I’m a noob. Beautiful art though!

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to share! I share a lot of your passion for gen 3. Your goals are admirable and your progress enviable. Best of luck on your collecting journey

1 Like

I’ve heard good things about “gen 3” and their holos

1 Like

Nice collection

1 Like