Yugioh question

Hey if anyone is familiar with yugioh prices please message me! I found someone selling a binder collection and would like to know the general price

Thanks!

I’m not too familiar with the Yu-Gi-Oh prices, but overall way lower than Pokémon. Rare cards in Pokémon are 250-1000 USD (or way more), and equally as rare cards in Yu-Gi-Oh are about 50-300 USD.

Only things like the original Ultra Rare Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Exodia, Red-Eyes Black Dragon and such in 1st edition can sometimes fetch price that isn’t too bad, although still peanuts compared to 1st edition Base Set holos. And some Secret Rares or Ghost Rares aren’t too badly priced either, which is to be expected with this rarity. I think Ghost Rares can be compared to Gold Stars, Shining Pokémon, or Crystal-Type Pokémon in terms of collectibility. Playability plays a much larger role in Yu-Gi-Oh than in Pokémon, though.

Also, just like with Pokémon a lot depends on condition when buying binders. As for prices of individual cards, it’s just like with Pokémon best to look at recent sold listing to get an idea of what it’s worth.

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

You can message me if you really want some personal opinion on the binders, otherwise Quuador is bang on with how Yugioh typically works. Just check if there are any heavy hitters/ebay the cards, and then the rest usually is not worth much.

Yugioh prices increased exponentially alongside Pokemon this year though, so some cards may be worth quite a bit now.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help everyone!

2 Likes

I think you are familiar enough with Yu-Gi-Oh prices, Bro.

I collect yugioh so if you need pricing help lmk!

I had this same thing happen. For the English cards it was easy to check value using eBay. The Japanese cards gave me some trouble though.

Japanese Yu-Gi-Oh cards, as well as non-English foreign cards in general, are indeed hard find sold prices for I’d imagine. Almost all on eBay are English. Maybe it’s easiest to compare them to retail prices of well-know Japanese webshops like Jakarade.com?

Greetz,
Quuador