Yugioh collectors

My main Yu-Gi-Oh related collection (all Yu-Gi-Oh rarity variations) is work in progress here. I try to update it a bit every weekend, and also still have some cards incoming. Might still take quite a while before it’s completed, though. Primarily because it’s just too dark in the evenings to take pictures this time of year, so I can only do so in the weekends.

I have posted it once before a long time ago here.

I’ve also posted some of my error purchases here and here. :blush:

Oh, and here is my rarest / most expensive Yu-Gi-Oh card currently in my collection:

Some interesting facts about this card, which marks the 10,000th Japanese (OCG) Yu-Gi-Oh card printed.

1. It’s a special one-time rarity called the 10,000 Secret Rare. It’s very similar as the 20th Secret Rare rarity, but with an “10000” imprint in the description instead of a “YU-GI-OH! Official Card Game 20th Anniversary” imprint.
  2. Its name is a very suiting Ten Thousand Dragon
  3. Its code at the bottom-left is 00010000
  4. The background below the tail is the same vortex that can be found at the back of every Yu-Gi-Oh card
  5. The tips of the dragon’s wings and breast plate look like a fountain pen tip. That is because in Japan, the fountain pen can be directly translated into Ten Thousand Year Brush.
  6. Its effect is also suiting: *Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing monsters you control whose combined ATK and DEF are 10000 or more. If this card is Special Summoned by this effect, this card’s ATK and DEF becomes 10000.*Even though it was part of a set, the pull rates are low enough and this card is popular enough to be worth roughly 900-1200 USD right now (I bought it for 358 USD not too long after it was released, and I’m glad I didn’t wait :wink: ).

Overall an amazing and historical card, and a center piece of my Yu-Gi-Oh collection. :grin:

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes