Yu-Gi-Oh Card Collectors?

I only have these infos of the page I posted the links of, so I dont really know sorry. My Top20 list says the top rare trophy card is a japanese “Black Luster Soldier” with only 1 in existance and its worth is estimated to $30.000. I can only quote these values, I have no proof for this as I used to play in tournaments and dont really collect these super rare YGO cards. So I dont have such a deep knowledge of trophys like pokemon :wink:

//edit: maybe some interesting fact, there are five YGO (Exodia’s head, arms and legs) which let you instantly win the duel if you have all five on you hand :blush:

Wow sandman, were you any good?

So your new plan is to win some tournaments, sell the card and cash in for more Pokemon cards :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I wouldnt say that I was bad in dueling hehe but I usually played just for fun because I like the game and the strategies. So I never got a 1st place on tournaments but when I played with friends, I usually won :wink:
Yes you just have to have them in hand, here is a quote of the “head’s” card-effect:

“An automatic victory can be declared by the player whose hand contains this card togeher with the Left Leg/Right Leg/Left Arm/Right Arm of the Forbidden One”

It depend on What spell traps cards you have to help you get those cards in to your hand because you can only have 1 of each 5 cards in a deck of 40 cards.

Yes, it is very difficult…it only makes sense to aim for an exodia victory if you have a special exodia-deck with certain cards and strategies that makes your chances higher to get all 5 cards in hand.

plus also it depends if your playing by official tournament rules or not.alot of the good stuff has been banned from tournaments to make the exodia deck fast and powerful.

Sandman you never answered my question! How good were you?

Lol so he did! Sorry sandman!

I used to watch the anime. I liked it, don’t really know why I stopped watching (it does get more and more ridiculous but then don’t they all)

Is it worth picking up an old YGO game for the DS? Were they any good?

If you want to play the game why dont you donload the official free online version?

Because believe it or not, I’m rarely on my PC… I mostly access UPCCC on my phone; or am waking up and turn my netbook on. At least with a DS version I can play to/from work

Well then the only othrt way to play is on the ds then the games are ok not that bad to be fair if you have a iphone you can get game boy emulaters i deleted mine couldnt be bothered with it really but its good if you have good game on it and it free if youve jailbroken it.

Lol, I might as well try the online version first

the ds versions of the games are ok.but every year they come out with a new version.the latest one is the 2011 one that has updated whats the banlist and so forth

Reason I was after an older DS version was due to IGNs review of the latest game - I’m not going to care about new cards if it is slow and the rules engine is broken

I actually just came out of a Yugioh playing phase with duelingnetwork.com (nifty free website where you can duel for fun). I’m not a huge collector, but I’ve got a lot of cards. My biggest frustration is with the quality of the cards; they’re so thin in comparison to Pokemon cards. I just feel like I’ll destroy them by looking at them. The newer cards tend to leave me with a frown because it’s quite possible to lose before taking your first turn and then syncho and xyz monsters are a little eh. Otherwise, it’s a pretty awesome game and there is a lot of room for creativity in making decks.

Mmmhmm. There are some crazy decks that only consist of “draw x” cards, so a well-made Exodia deck is made to go nuts on the first turn and probably draw the entire deck. They’re actually called “XYZ monsters,” but I think its pronounced “ik-seez” . The monsters are apparently made of antimatter and come from the other side of a black hole :stuck_out_tongue: (Xyz Monster | Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki | Fandom).

If you don’t mind explaining, how does one lose before taking their first turn in Pokemon? Would it just be getting only one basic Pokemon and having it knocked out on the first turn?

I thought they were supposed to be pronouced ‘exceed’?

Just because I used to read the wiki to kill time, I also can locate the direct quote/explanation. I’m also amazing with Runescape trivia :grin:

When Xyz Monsters were revealed in the OCG, they were mistakenly translated as “Exceed Monsters” by fans. Many translators acknowledged after the official term was revealed that “Xyz” was also a valid translation, but that they assumed it was not correct during the initial translation since it does not have any obvious pronunciation. The fact that it was meant to be pronounced “ik-seez” was not obvious from the katakana “エクシーズ”, which has a romaji reading of “Ekushīzu” and the closest English equivalent to it was “Exceed”.

I can see how that would be a problem :s. Darn, you’re making me want to get into the new’er card game :stuck_out_tongue:

just started collecting yugioh 1st edition sets, mainly the stuff from the first few years, enjoying it s lot.