YouTube Exposé by MATOBA DESIGN: What About? Create-A-Card Snorlax [#CONSPIRACY]

“The story of the 49th Wizards Black Star Promo, Snorlax, Illustrated by Craig Turvey, and the only American exclusive in the Wizards era.”

Incredible insight into a hilarious conspiracy.

Stagecoach Fun Fact: This is my least favorite Pokémon card of all time. But this story is amazing.

10 Likes

This was a great watch. The guy is making the coolest videos!

1 Like

Definitely. His content is hobby archaeology and I hope there is more to come. Feels like nobody has been able to shake out secrets like these for 20 years.

1 Like

What a story. Price spike anybody? Lol.

Really interesting video, thanks for sharing! I’m curious, why is this your least favorite card of all time?

Oh, and @iroh is going to love this

I cried tbh, to learn all this information about the legend himself. It was a very emotional experience for me.

4 Likes

I’m also curious to know. There are plenty of art contest awards with child art. This one was just mass produced.

It’s pretty interesting. There are a lot of strange speculation being made though. Like that a few hundred page requests would take down a server? And the wotc employees didn’t want to talk about it because they entered themselves and/or were embarrassed about the site going down? Seems like a stretch. Overall it’s great to see some of the “lost history” get documented in some way

I was really surprised in the video when Turvey mentions he was actually in college when he entered and won the contest! I always thought the art was incredible for a little kid to have drawn. Regardless if this supposed conspiracy is true or not I still love the card and this just adds to the lore for me.

1 Like

I do not have a good reason. I just don’t care for the artwork. But I like cards with stories, and this is a good one for sure.

i gotchu craig, the lowest is now $1,150. don’t say you art unless you’ve been in pokemon - drake

Maybe I should finally pick this up for my Eeveelution collection before the inevitable “this card is super special” spike.

Cool story thanks for sharing