You're not gonna like this

So i received an eBay order today, which had two cards i won on auction. Was excited to send them into PSA.

I opened the packed and found this:

I was immediately frustrated as to how someone can think to even package cards like this.
The cards are stuck on the tape, they have come out slightly from the penny sleeve and got stuck. i cannot shake them to go back into the top loaders.
I’m not going to peel off the tape and try. i don’t want to damage the cards even more.

I’m going to email the seller on eBay ask him for a full refund including return postage as this is just unacceptable.
But in the case they don’t agree and i open a case against them, what can i expect the outcome to be?

Never this happen to me before :slightly_frowning_face:
Such a shame to, from the pics they looked like PSA 10 candidates :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

lol i suspect Gary will post some tape hate here soon.

Terrible packaging lol…

Please don’t use tape on toploaders!!

5 Likes

Totally sucks when this happens. Not just for your loss, but also for others. Yet 2 more Base cards removed from market due to damage sustained in improper shipping

*Don’t use top loaders!

1 Like

Selling cards that have value based on condition…

Time to pack them!

“Tape here, tape there, DONE”

Toploaders are perfectly fine, use bags to keep them in place!

4 Likes

You’re*

Sorry had to do it lol

4 Likes

I superglue the cards on a cardboard to prevent any damage. No need for plastic sleeves, toploaders, or tape

13 Likes

100KP Bisaflor. I’m sure it can take more damage than that.

3 Likes

I actually use those to package all of my shipments - card placed into a penny sleeve, placed into a toploader, team bag placed over the toploader to prevent the card from sliding-out, and bubble mailer. I have not had any issues with this method of shipment; so I would say that a toploader is prefectly fine for shipment (assuming you do it the right way) Haha

6 Likes

woops all changed lol

I have messaged the seller, now the waiting game for the reply.

The buyer wins the eBay case like 99.9% of the time.

2 Likes

I agree, I do almost the same. And one thing to add: I place the sleeves in the toploader upside down, so stuff like this can’t happen… What a waste of such beautiful @dipzy (pun intended) cards…

Greetz,
Quuador

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

11 Likes

Yup a huge waste, good cards just ruined. Hopefully it gets sorted quickly so i can buy other cards

I’m sorry you had to see this, i know how much it pains you :sob:

2 Likes

Tape to the Top Loader to the Trash. Just heartbreaking:(

One CardSaver 1 solves all these problems…
Now I’m not hating on top loaders they just simply aren’t necessary especially with the cheaper alternative.

1 Like

But I have thousands of toploaders. All used but mostly nice if somebody wants to buy a bunch lol.

You converted me a while ago at least Gary, I bought 500 card savers and am still going through them haha

1 Like

:grin:

I have given boxfuls to a local shop, just to be rid of some.

@garyis2000 recommends PL500 landscape adhesive and lots of duck tape.

2 Likes