Yokohama Center Renewal Promo Box.

I bought mine for 4,000 JPY (~$35), but I think I overpaid. It was the only full set available on Mercari at the time. There’s are 2 on Mercari right now for 3,111 JPY and 3,300 JPY respectively.

I’m not really sure what the difference is between acquiring the different cards, but you can buy the ones with the stamp in the lower right corner of the artwork for around 600 JPY each.

There are some jumbo cards from Yokohama in 2008 which are listed at just 400 JPY themselves, so I’m not sure how well these cards will hold value.

Edit: Well that didn’t last long, those 3,111 JPY and 3,300 JPY listings have already sold, along with 2 other listings at 3,000 JPY which both sold within minutes of appearing on Mercari. Based on the sold history on Mercari it looks like my 4,000 JPY purchase was on the higher end, with the cheapest full set selling for 1,777 JPY (which is by far an outlier).

Edit 2: I’m not really sure how they’re sold, but I’ve seen a few listings with the Lanturn Pikachu sealed like this:

The sealed comes from the box. The box promos are going to be more limited since the box as already sold out.

The 3 Pikachu promo I believe it is the harder to attain since you had to be physically in Yokohama Pokemon center.

Expect prices to go up, I believe more in line with the “bosses pikachus”

Are you not happy with a million copies of the same gamestop promo and print runs that would make the Zimbawe central bank say, “maybe that’s enough”?

that’s a paddlin

1 Like

Ok so I found a sealed box, but the seller has marked it up 5x Japan RRP.

Do I stick or twist?

Ya 120$ for Box and other two promos on Ebay. Hmm.

Im happy for more pikachu boxes but my wallet is crying.

I am tempted. The box also contains 2 x ultra shiny GX boosters. One might pull something really nice from those! I bought the previous special pokemon center boxes in Japan earlier this year (Alolan vulpix, mimikyu, lillie and cosmog, Tokyo DX), and the deck boxes and card sleeves are also really nice.

They’re selling on Mercari for around 6,000 JPY, which is roughly $53. Even with shipping, you’d save yourself a lot of money by buying direct from Japan.

1 Like

Pokemon Japan always killing the game, and wallet. Those promos look so neat!

2 Likes

These promo are just too good, but already too expensive. Any chance of some leftovers/reprints/more stock soon?

This is ridiculous. The vulpix cosplay promos costs around 50’ojnebay when they came out. Most I would pay is 60

I ended up buying the box and promos. Couldnt resist.

4 Likes

I was tempted, but opted for just the 4 card set!

1 Like

I’ve never purchased through a Japanese proxy service before. Looking at Buyee / yahoo auctions. How much do the service fees and shipping usually cost ??

From what I saw, it could be expensive.

Most proxy services are only worth it if you are buying several items, otherwise, between proxy service fees and shipping you will be better off buying on ebay for a premium. This is especially true when it comes to buying boxes as the shipping costs are much higher than single cards.

If you’re only making a single purchase, or purchasing low value items, it may be worth to ask some friends if they need something from Japan and pool you money together into a single order.

You can check Buyee’s fees through the link below:
buyee.jp/help/yahoo/guide/fees
Personally, for bulky items like boxes I always try to order at least $300 worth of stuff. Then again my shipping costs may be different to yours, so it is important for you to simulate the costs based on your location. Also, some countries will charge import fees.

What do I search to find this on mercari or yahoo?

Here’s Mercari.

1 Like

Amazing thank you

Sometimes I wish I lived in Japan so I can score these promos…but then I imagined the long lines and buying online at a premium doesn’t sound so bad…

Since I am not a Japanese citizen I am trying to use White Rabbit Express as a proxy to get some Yokohama Sailor Boxes. However they said the item I chose didn’t have the quantity I wanted. How do you decipher the amount of product in stock on that Mercari site?

It’s also hard to tell if product is sealed or not based on some of the pictures the sellers provide. I assume it is.