Yahoo seller opened booster boxes to save space

Yahoo seller: phkang73 opened Remix Bout booster boxes I ordered from him through Zenmarket. Heads up for people to block/avoid him. The packs were normal packs and actually contained nice pulls, so I don’t think it was with bad intentions, just him trying to save space and his stupidity.

The Zenmarket translator might be to blame for this, but the text sure does make it seem like that you get it IN a booster box that wasn’t tampered with at all.

I hope I posted it the correct place @milhouse. My bad if I didn’t

1 Like

Is it possible that it was Zenmarket that repackaged them, and not the seller?

1 Like

He shrink wrapped it; and put it in a box just no ‘booster box’ - Yeah that is misleading af, but at least you got the product untampered with. Saving on that shipping.

The part in the description that stuck out ‘not all items are available in one box’

1 Like

Fair question, and while I cannot rule it out. I have this info: I bought 10+ booster boxes from different sellers, and these 2 Remix Bouts were from the same seller mentioned in my thread. ALL the booster boxes were consolidated into 1 parcel, and non of the other boxes were opened nor tampered with in any ways. So I highly doubt that this is the case. Bonus info: Zenmarket also said they didn’t do anything but repackage it with my other items as I consolidated my order.

My conclusion is that it was the seller, but I cannot prove it 100%, but all the evidence I have point towards it.

1 Like

Good point, but like you also mentioned, I think this is very misleading. It could like I said be the translation that is poor, but I don’t think anyone would expect anything else than receiving sealed booster boxes. At least I wouldn’t lol.

1 Like

Now that I know you received sealed boxes from other sellers that were consolidated in the same package, then I think you’re correct.

Too bad Zenmarket doesn’t take better care of their clients. As a Yahoo Japan seller, I’ve also had trouble with Zenmarket (not paying for auctions they won).

It looks from the photo that booster boxes were included in the package, just opened and folded flat.

Frankly, the seller probably didn’t mean any harm. He probably figured (incorrectly) that whomever was buying the boxes really did want them for the packs inside (and not for resale or to be collected as a sealed box). But it’s still very unfortunate.

4 Likes

‘not all items are available in one box’ is a phrase I have seen sometimes when buying Japanese boosters. I think it just means that you won’t be able to complete the set by opening a single box. It isn’t a phrase used in descriptions on the Japanese Pokemon center site. I don’t know where exactly it comes from.

Very similar description on Amazon listing for Japanese booster: www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Card-Game-Expansion-Miracle/dp/B07MPZR3MV/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=miracle+twin&qid=1617626095&sr=8-1

“Cards are enclosed at random. It is not necessarily all in one box.”

Ebay listing that arrived in one piece, though this English translation is more clear than the others: www.ebay.com/itm/SHIELD-NEW-Pokemon-Card-Game-High-Class-Pack-Shiny-Star-V-BOX-japanese/233813354519

“Each pack contains 10 cards. Not all cards are included in one box.”

1 Like

Damn, nice save to would-be sealed collectors. I hope you were looking to pull them yourself from the get-go but that’s definitely a red flag for most people.

I’m not much of a sealed collector - and I know people have limitations when connecting with Japanese sellers, but do people who collect sealed often send message requests to keep items sealed as a precaution? I never thought to do so until now since everything I’ve bought sealed came in sealed in the past.

1 Like

I had planned to maybe open one box DeLvin, and keep the other sealed.

1 Like

Yep, agreed. That’s what I’ve always thought too.

Yeah, I never would have thought about it in a MILLION years…
esp. since anyone selling a booster box worth of packs will just advertise them as 36 loose packs…
wow…

Please avoid bumping threads that are months old

1 Like