Xileets' Mitsuhiro Arita Collection

I’m also here on e4! Happy it went to great collection as well

2 Likes

Oh! :slight_smile: Yeah, love the “Thor” version of a normally mellow pidgey!

So, technically, the recent Nippon Stamp collection from Japan has not 2 but 4 Arita arts included (if you count the Venusaur and Zard stamps)

Very happy to add this to the collection!

4 Likes

I just saw this over in the “Most Recent Purchase” thread—congrats, @xileets! What a luxurious addition to your Arita collection!

1 Like

Without this forum, I’d never have learned about these 2019 my151 PkMn Center postcards. Managed to snag the last one of these on ebay that day. Looking at it in person, Venusaur and Farfetch’d are having a battle, and you can see the trainers giving commands as well. Compare this with the nearly 25-years-its-senior deck memo card, which I also bought a spare of, and it’s cool to see how Arita’s work has grown.

8 Likes

Have wanted to add this for a while, but never got around to it, and my patience has been rewarded! A grade-worthy copy too. Probably just an 8, but for a great snipe!

10 Likes

Small update. one more to add soon. I never added these when I got them. Definitely fan favorites, I think, as well.

skridge boss ursa soaking. Magma Aqua Espeon JP exclusive holo variant. Nice swirl too.

skridge boss ursaring soakingsandstorm and cosmos holo japanes espeon

10 Likes

I made this and put on my IG page awhile back, my fav Arita artwork that I owned. He liked the post which was so cool. But man he is just something else. Can’t go wrong with his work. Love what you’re doing!

7 Likes

I call this the “Nirvana Squirtle” because it looks like the 90s Nirvana Album cover, “Nevermind”. Arita has mentioned this in an interview as well, though I don’t know if that was his inspiration… I’ll have to ask him if I ever get the chance.

Sometimes, finding the right balance between cost and condition is tricky, but I nailed this one. My favorite Arita art. NOW I just need a copy that’s signed. =)

Nirvana Squirtle

7 Likes

Finally got some duplicates, for a decent price and so now I can put these in the binder.

And I’m still working on new videos, but I’ve gone back to the beginning in Quad HD. things are in the pipeline! (channel link in my e4 user card.)

6 Likes

Some cards really suffer from Holo or Foil treatments, and unfortunately, some are not available without it. But sometimes, you find one that is almost perfect, so I wanted to highlight this minor, but very cool addition: Legend Maker Shiftry. Check out that whirlpool in the water! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Such a beautiful postcard :smiley:

I am still looking for the Red and Charizard one from my151 >.<

2 Likes

How did you print those proxies?

1 Like

I just got a good quality for the card art, and then printed them with a high print quality and plain paper. Could use cardstock if you want…
:smile:
If you’re referring specifically to pikachu trophy proxies, I merges from a merging of several higher quality images. I could not find any good quality ones that included the full image or the image without the holo.

2 Likes

More pieces of the puzzle. IDK that it’s time to buy the more expensive modern cards, but calyrex was a decent deal. And I guess this kangaskhan fits the collection. A few others to complete parts of the books, I think I’m addicted to these Neo Rev Houndoom - this one is my second Howling at the Moon - and one more thing that needed it’s own dedicated post to follow…

4 Likes

Thanks to @aritafan for posting this book on IG. Grabbed a copy from an awesome seller in Nippon. Love connecting with people back across the Pacific! The book, Pokemon Tales Rhyhorn, the Planet Killer (I’m kidding) , has more full page illustrations than others in the series, and they are kinda cool - especially the one, Horn drilling its way through the planet! :rofl: Made me think of that scene from DBZ. I’ve included the whole book, because why not.

‘Rhynocerous Horn and the Planet’s Navel’ : Loose translation provided on mouse hover/image info.

piccoloMoon

8 Likes

Lol, nice DBZ reference. It’s such a cool book, the non-TCG items are super underrated!

1 Like

The picture where Rhyhorn has an idea has so much character haha

Arita is one of the GOATs

1 Like

Was not planning to buy this one, as it’s not the Arita style that I like, but it was a steal! Sometimes, these things do get posted at too low a price. ($30 shipped?! Felt like the old days for a moment there…)
:face_holding_back_tears: :hugs:

6 Likes

If you’ve been watching, I’ve started working on New episodes of the Quad HD Arita series.

*Shameless plug