Xacrifar's money pit

Hi everyone

Here’s my collection. I decided to start off with the classic cards that started me on this journey of collecting when I was 8. By that, I do not mean the classic base set as it is way too expensive for my budget. Hence I decided to go with the CP6 20th Anniversary expansion 1st edition set that was recently released with the classic reprint artwork;)

Huge shoutout to @shizzlemetimbers for selling a couple of PSA 10 graded cards to start me off at very competitive prices here in Australia.

First pair of PSA 10 cards

I will also be doing a card binder collection of the English translated (Evolutions) set do keep an eye out for updates. Priority as of now is to acquire all the Holo CP6 1st edition cards in PSA 10 while it’s still widely available at reasonable prices.

9 Likes

Too easy mate :wink: Poor Gyarados is blurry

1 Like

welcome, good to see another aussie on here.

Hey! Shoot me a PM to discuss expanding your collection of graded cards :wink:

welcome! more australians!! i think we are outnumbering poms on here haha.

4 Likes

Welcome! Us Aussies are just blooming in numbers.

E4au ?

4 Likes

Updated my card binder with the new Evolutions set. Overall pretty stoked that I found someone on eBay who listed the entire REVERSE HOLOs within the Evolutions set for sale. Yes all 83 cards excluding the EX cards, M-EX and Full Arts were sold in the set. I just spent 30 minutes filling the binder with these cards and man does it feel good.

Here’s a couple of pics of the binder as it is. Blank spots are for the EX, M-EX and Full Arts that I have yet to acquire.

The energies page is easily my favorite page so far.

2 Likes

Looking schmick. I don’t collect ungraded singles anymore but if i did i would definitely be using the 9 pocket sheet with the black background. In my opinion it makes things look much neater compared to clear pockets. Keep up the collecting :blush:

Thanks yea I wanted to just make a card binder for the English release of Evolutions since it features reprint from the WOTC era. PSA graded cards for me will always be in Japanese since they are generally of higher quality.

Last update for this month since I clearly spent a lot over the last few days. Received a complete set of the “Let’s Trade 20th Event” Promos from @shizzlemetimbers . Many thanks for the bundle price and they were packaged really well.

Also added PSA 10 Nidoking and Raichu to the CP6 Holo collection :blush:

Waiting for my last purchase which is a set of PSA graded sleeves for the Raichu and Nidoking.

3 Likes

Been like 3 months since I last updated my haul. Busy with work and life. Nonetheless, am glad to add these cards to my collection.

8 Likes

Been awhile since I updated my 20th Anniversary collection. Just picked this Pidgeot up for a great price, it only cost me 27 quid :wink:

Machamp and Nidoking BREAK were acquired some time back but I figure they deserve a spotlight of their own.

Expecting 2 more cards in the coming weeks. Slowly does it.

6 Likes

The best full arts of the 20th Anniversary set has joined my collection.

Dragonite is easily my favorite

Dragonite Ex 20th

Mewtwo Ex 20th

6 Likes

What’s your goal with the set mate? All holos in PSA 10?

Pretty much that. Not looking to grade the commons/uncommons.

Not a card, but I picked this up yesterday from Kinokuniya in the city. The nostalgia is real

4 Likes

New additions to the collection. Taking a break from 20th Anniversary for now and picking up other cards which caught my eye

First being this beautiful Gyarados GX Full Art. Hands down the simplicity and abundance of blue for this card made it an instant buy. I know Shiny Gyarados is usually “THE Gyarados” card to own but this particular card really appealed to me.
Gyarados GX Full Art

Second is Feraligatr from Neo, being the first Johto starter featured. I picked this little guy for a bargain in my opinion. Contemplating getting Meganium and Typhlosion just to own the Johto trio.
Feraligatr Neo

Overall a solid pick up for the month of May.

5 Likes

Early pick ups for June. Theme for this month is the moon.

My first PSA 9 card which probably received the grade due to it being off-centered. I love this Ninetales due to the mythical artwork. There’s so much going on in the background with the moon complementing it. Picked this up from a local eBay auction for an unbelievable price. I believe it is pop 4 at the moment.

My favorite Eeveelution. This is the only Umbreon card I believe that looks the best. That blue moon is a testament to its evolution and theme.

Expecting a 3rd card if I win the auction. Otherwise that’s it for June’s pick ups.

5 Likes

I love that Ninetales as well, it’s one card that has been growing on me a lot lately :blush:

4 Likes

Didn’t win the auction I was bidding on so I decided to grab this little guy.

Trivia: For some reason, the English release didn’t release this as a holographic card. It was a mistake, just look at the swirls on him. This marks the last of my June pick ups.

5 Likes

Today marks the the start of higher prices from online retailers for Australian buyers :sob: No thanks to the new GST legislation that requires all online retailers to levy 10% GST on items purchased by Australian buyers.

Decided to acquire the original legendary trio as my last purchase for awhile. This is basically 3 months of budget spent in advance.

When Neo revelation came out in 2001, I distinctly recalled buying packs hoping to pull any one of the legendary dogs, alas I didn’t pull any. 17 years later, I finally have them in my collection.

Best part about it? Sequential PSA number which makes it perfect. Saving up for Neo Revelation Ho-oh next.

3 Likes