WTB: Psa Gengar for brothers 40th birthday

So my budget for my brothers bithday is 400$ and is on september 8th. So would need to get it soon.

He’s not much a pokemon guy like i am but he has mentioned to me multiple times that he likes gengar and would like to own one…

Showed him some cards and masaki and sabrinas were his top 2 fav artworks out of everything i showed him.

So looking for a psa 7 masaki for 400$. (I know thats on the lower recent sales end)

Or a psa 9 1st ed holo sabrinas gengar 400$ (right around where last few solds is at)

Thanks for looking/potential help.

Located US

13 Likes

You are a really good brother. :face_holding_back_tears: I hope that you find this slab for him!

4 Likes

This is such a sweet buy thread! If I had either in stock I would sell you one. Just giving you a free bump! :pray:

3 Likes

Are you looking for English, Japanese, or both?

3 Likes

Both fantastic cards, he’s going to be so chuffed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is such a sweet post. May you find what you are looking for and I am sure your brother will be stoked to have that card.

Cheers!

3 Likes

You might be interested in this PSA 6. Although the grade looks bad, the copy looks beautiful. Likely a small binder dent. Definitely worth it in my opinion, especially if you were to crack it out.

6 Likes

Tried to snipe it… Unfort did not win…

1 Like

Aww shoot! You’ll find something soon!

2 Likes

Sabrina’s Gengar is sweet, all though a PSA 9 I usually see go $500-$600 range (1st Ed). Maybe go for the Fossil one? It’s the ‘rookie’ Gengar and right around your budget:

You could probably also find a PSA 8 Sabrina’s Gengar as well. In my experience, only minor differences in condition from PSA 9s.

1 Like

Skyridge is a popular choice. This one might jump up in the last seconds but worth watching. The nonholo in psa 10 looks nice + highest grade + well within your pricerange too

1 Like

You can definitely find a 1st edition PSA 9 Sabrina’s Gengar for around $400 right now. Just finished buying one myself. Good luck on your search!

1 Like

Guys thanks for the suggestions, but i’m not deviating from the 2 art styles he really likes… I’ve shown him all styles before and he really dislikes the fossil/skyridge/e series/etc gengar.

Am working on a bgs 9.5 unl sabrinas. So fingers crossed (tho it is above budget :confused: )

4 Likes

Check out this auction ending in ~6 hours:

3 Likes

1st edition PSA 9 >BGS unlimited 9.5

You’re choice and it’s a gift so it’s whatever you want to do just my simple suggestion and again good luck on your search! The 1st edition is definitely in budget at $400 even if someone here sells you one… Ebay fees on $430 is probably a good $50-$60 plus. Making your $400 a very solid offer!