WTB - Ancient Mew (or similar) uncut foil sheet

This is an amazing piece of Pokemon history! One of the best looking uncut sheets Ive seen or maybe even the best! Congratulations!

Congratulations @chickenpalma!

Ancient mew is one of my favourite & most nostalgic cards! I have never seen an uncut sheet of them until now. Stunning!

Hey is it possible to take a picture of the back of the sheet as well? It could be helpful!

Only one thing left to do… count the swirls and set a world record!

4 Likes

That sir, is some straight up bad-assery.

Big congrats! Both on finding it period, as finding it this fast and having such a smooth transaction. It really looks amazing.

And that single Ancient Mew is weird. Could you perhaps post some more close-ups of it, or perhaps a short video? Or could you describe how it’s different from the others, and how one would be able to recognize it outside of the uncut sheet? I have the full Ancient Mew set in PSA-10 (except for the Korean ©2020 one), and now I kinda want to add this variation to my set. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Sorry for being unrelated to OP

Quuador, is there any difference between the 2020 Korean and 2019 remake versions apart from the copyright date and the package?

I don’t have the Korean one yet (neither raw nor graded), so I can’t confirm. But I indeed think only the copyright date is different and everything else between the Japanese ©2019 and Korean ©2020 versions will be the same. If I’m able to get my hands on the Korean version, I’ll let you know if I see any other differences besides the date.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Where did you hear about the Korean one is there any information on it online?

They were given at the movie. I’ve read it on IG from a Korean collector. There are also a bunch on eBay rn, but they’re 100+ USD, so I’m not gonna bother with those kind of prices when they’re selling for ~20 USD each on the Korean market itself.

Greetz,
Quuador

Ah yes found it does say 2020 on it, unfortunately I dont think psa will grade it though if its considered a Korean card. CGC and Beckket might grade though?

1 Like

Apologies for the late reply, work has been hectic. Gotta pay for the sheet someway, i guess

@scar, Here is a pic of the back. Unfortunately, i only took one and to remove the back of the frame is quite a pain (and can probably only be done a handful of times before the frame’s integrity is compromised). The sheet has a little bit of damage to the top, but the rest is really clean.

5 Likes

Interesting so I think there is 2 different sheets one with a white back “Test Sheet” and this one with the holo backs “Production Sheet”

@scar, Oh cool! I didn’t realise there was one with a white back! Do you have any photos?

@quuador, Here is a video of the holo error.

Hopefully you don’t need to find another ancient mew for your set haha

4 Likes

Thank you! That looks weird. So it’s a 100% full holo bleed. Strange that it only happened on that single card in its entirely on the full sheet. Although I guess your theory you mentioned on the previous page is probably accurate.
Anyway, I don’t think I’ve seen an Ancient Mew before which looked like that, so I’m not going to actively look for one in PSA-10. But if I ever come across one by accident, who knows. :blush:

Again congrats on this amazing addition to your collection!

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

What an amazing buy! Congrats!

1 Like

Currently trying to get the pic for records. Its actually tca gaming who has that “Test Sheet” so gonna wait for him to send pics.

1 Like