Wtb 1st ed gym challenge psa 10s and blaine theme deck

1st ed Gym Challenge PSA 10

Koga’s Ditto 215$

Good luck on your hunt! I will say I think your offer prices may be a tad bit low for the current market but hey maybe you’ll get some bites :blush:

Always willing to negotiate prices on high end cards. Last couple poliwrath have sold for 2k and below and theres one at auction at 2150$ currently which I may bid on but well see.

At this point in the market (not weeks or months ago) there aren’t going to be any 1st edition PSA 10 base holos under $3k. So if you can snag any copy below that price that’d be a steal. Good luck!

Why do you want to replace your 10s? Not happy with the condition?

With how fast the market has moved, if the last couple of sales were a few weeks ago then it doesn’t mean much.

I think @crow recently offered $2.5k for a Poliwrath on here and he may have found a seller.

I would expect the Magneton to go for more because it has a significantly lower population.

1 Like

I bought an additional PSA 10 gem mint magneton to replace my current PSA 10 gem mint magneton. My current magneton is “ok” for a 10 but I don’t like the top back edge. And it’s the only one of my PSA 10 1st ed base holos that I’m not 100% happy with. So I hunted for a new gem mint magneton with a “perfect” card back. I bought one. When it arrived, it had the tiniest red print dot on the top of the front in the yellow part on the edge of the holo. I decided a flaw on the front of the card was worse than back edge wear so I just sent it to PWCC. It will come up in the June auction. I’m keeping my current magneton and no longer on the hunt for another to replace it.

There may be lesson in there somewhere… but in any case if you can wait a few weeks it will be coming up for sale via PWCC

I can confirm. Both @crow and I bought our Poliwraths from the same seller on here.

This is good to know. Basically because the market is moving so fast everyone is offering prices outside of a recent sold listing from less than a month ago. If we all continue this trend prices will peak with a good sized crash at the end more than likely… of course that’s just speculation. Just feels like a bull trap to me. Oh well. I got the money so to hell with it lol.

Random coincidence, but Magneton happens to be my weakest PSA 10 1st ed Base Set holo too. :laughing: It’s the only one I’ve ever thought about replacing by selling and then buying a new one. So weird that this is apparently the case with 3 people in the same thread.

1 Like

In my personal opinion I believe especially this set of cards to have been undervalued given the size of the collector market and scarcity of GEM 10 examples. Thus the market came to this realization and prices are actually gravitating towards their actual value and away from their under valued state. There may be some retraces for certain cards over the coming months but in general WotC 1st edition PSA 10 holos will completely dry up in the next 12-18mo and like MTG Alpha PSA 10 cards be virtually impossible to find so people are buying them while they still ‘exist’ in the market place. Again this statement is purely my opinion only - I very well could be completely wrong and the Blastoise I just bought for $12k could be worth a solid McDonalds Happy Meal in 12mo.

2 Likes

I agree with you in general, but especially for Base Set holos. I’m a broken record here, but look at how little the population report for PSA 10 1st edition Base holos has changed over the last couple of years. With the number of high-end collectors who specifically seek these cards the population is incredibly low.

1 Like

Is the same issue with all three top edge wear?

Wha— how do you know that!?

I don’t have the card in front of me to look at right now but the issue with my copy is definitely related to edge wear on the back.

Pokemon collectors have had the luxury of almost every set card always being available to purchase at near market value, even 1st edition base PSA 10 holos. Look back two years and there were I think 11 PSA 10 1st edition base Venusaurs listed on eBay at once! There was no urgency to chase the cards because of how saturated the market was. This is the first time I’m seeing big time offers for 1st edition base holos because there’s legitimate fear that the market could dry up.

Rapidly rising prices for sealed product and very few new PSA 10 1st ed holos being added to the population will do that.

1 Like

The seller told me what they had sold to you when I was asking if they had additional cards for purchase :blush:

Both my poliwrath and magneton have wear top middle on the back. The Rest of the card is great. Purchased both from Gary when all the cards prices first had there big spike for a whole 600$ each lol

1 Like

Well despite any flaws you’ll certainly make a killing on them if/when you decide to sell. Shoot me a DM with pictures and prices on the Magneton if you want to let him go.