WOTC Unlimited Holos storage help

Hello,

I have a binder of unlimited edition Base set through Team Rocket cards with several holos. Does it make sense to grade the cards to help preserve them or will keeping them in a pro binder be sufficient for long term storage?

Also a few are a little bowed. Maybe these should go in a top loader rather than binder?

Guessing the holos would be in the 6 to 8 range if graded. Thanks for the help.

Card condition is everything, if they are in the 6-8 range I would keep them raw in a pro binder.

1 Like

Keeping them in a protected binder should be fine. If they are unlimited and not PSA 10 or PSA 9 worthy, i personally would not grade them unless some are more high valued.

But whether or not you want to grade them is personal to you and should revolve around what you’re looking to do with the cards long term

Generally, most binders are coffins where cards go to die;)
Try Card Saver 1s which will protect and correct/prevent bowing.

3 Likes

Thanks @muhkurt ,@dbmoney10 ,@garyis2000 ,for the advice. I decided to keep the non-holos in the binder and the holos I will be placing in the Card Saver 1s.

Hi @KingPokemon,

What do you mean by most binders are coffins where cards go to die? Is it that the cards tend to bow and get scratched in binders standard top loading ultra-pro sheets?

Do you recommend the Pro-Binders for non-first edition non-holo cards? Not sure if you even collect those. :blush:

Thank you.

So many cards have been damaged due to binder storage. Whether it’s binder ring dents, center top chipping from pulling cards in and out, falling out, etc, they are much better ways. I’m sure some of the newer binder designs work better but I’d discourage their use cause there’s safer ways.

1 Like