World's 2023 Yokohama Promo revealed? "Paradise Resort"

27 Likes

Naoki Saito and Psyduck’s Worlds legacy continues

2 Likes

This is hilarious!! I love it!

2 Likes

Will be interesting to see how much it will effect the Japanese price this year as Paradise Resort has gone from fringe playable (Champions Festival) to meme tier.

I think there will still be a decent demand for it, beautiful art (better than 2022) and still less than 3000 copies total, small amount for a Japanese themed promo with exclusive art.

2 Likes

I want.

giphy

3 Likes

It’s a nice-looking card, but wouldn’t it make sense to at least have Psyduck in the illustration? :sweat_smile:

He’s in there, just upside down :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh yeah, I see him now. For some reason, I thought that was like an upside down gold Pokeball trophy or something.

It’s a nice card, but I wish there was more “Japan” infused into the artwork. We had Big Ben and the London Eye for last year. What Yokohama landmarks are in this art?

UPDATE. Building in the background is the “Landmark” tower and the Cosmo Clock 21 Ferris Wheel is also present.

I stand corrected.

the ferris wheel

aka the Cosmo Clock 21

1 Like

Okay, there’s a lot going on here. From the Tokyo Landmark Tower (3rd tallest building in Japan) to the Cosmo Clock 21 (when it was built it was the worlds tallest Ferris wheel :ferris_wheel: ) to the Tokyo Rainbow Bridge (Red, White, and Green lights at night).

Feel free to check out my Instagram story for an overview w/pics.