Will Chilling Reign have reverse holos?

I have tried to look at whether Silver Lance / Jet Black Spirit had reverse holos but I couldn’t see any.

Does this mean that Chilling Reign will not have any?

is there an explanation of which sets have them, or do all of them have them from a certain point onwards?

Any guide//link/explanation would be very appreciated!

Best
Pentagon

Modern Japanese sets normally do not have reverse holos. Occasionally the special sets (Shiny Star V, Tag All Stars etc) will have them, but either way this has no bearing on English sets. Modern English sets always have reverse holos regardless of whether the Japanese set they came from had them.

3 Likes

Interesting, thank you!

I am a reverse holo hater and I commend the Japanese for their great tastes.

3 Likes

I’m a Japanese fanboy through and through, but if you say that you genuinly prefer the Japanese ex era non-holo commons and uncommons over the English reverse (stamped) holos, I simply refuse to believe you.

3 Likes

I hate reverse holos simply for the fact that they make otherwise amazing sets (Expedition - EX Series) essentially impossible to complete on a budget. Why do I need two sets of each common and uncommon and sometimes up to three for the rares, all with the same artwork? I’m on a major budget here but at least Base Set through Neo Destiny are feasible. I just don’t think the reverse holo pattern adds enough to make it want me to get two to three sets of every artwork to have a “master set”. I want to have all master sets, but I can’t complete master sets when each set becomes over 200 and sometimes over 300 cards deep–and half or more than half of the cards being the same art. Just gets annoying. I’d say Expedition - EX era has overall better art than Base Set - Neo Destiny, but my motivation to collect it is much smaller because I have an OCD need to complete “master sets” while lacking a master set budget.

Do you like/dislike 1st edition cards for the same reason? Reverse holos are the basically the de facto replacement for 1st editions in my mind (started when 1st editions went away, still require collectors to collect 2 of every card for a set).

1 Like

I’m not a big fan of 1st Editions either, but I dislike them to less of a degree. I don’t feel compelled to own both a 1st Edition and an Unlimited for some reason as much as I am compelled to own a non-holo and reverse holo. Perhaps because the 1st Edition stamp is a much more minor difference on the card? Not sure.

1 Like

You could just go for all non-Holos (and Holofoil Rares) of the set in that case?.. If you collect Japanese sets, will you also go for both 1st and unlimited edition, or only one of the two?

EDIT: I should have refreshed this page before commenting, I see @mtajaj32 already made the same comment.

Greetz,
Quuador