Why it's OKAY if Prices Drop After the Virus

My post was in response to the other thread. Shaking my head haha I guess no point in changing it now lol. Just my thought process and i wasn’t talking about any one specific card just how I feel in general. If people don’t want to sell you can’t make them

All we can do is wait and see! i’ve just changed my current goals as i’ve lost some of the enjoyment of vintage collecting atm as i simply can’t keep up with the prices so i’ve decided to have abit of fun with modern. Collect some sealed product, open some packs and if prices drop on vintage i will return to it… if they don’t then hey i’m having fun with a new goal.

1 Like

is smpikachu another scott alter-ego like scumbagpratte lol

6 Likes

Haha could very well be! :ninja:

1 Like

Well said! Thank you for speaking up :blush:

2 Likes

Well said! I am in this for the long haul. Collecting Pokemon is extremely fulfilling for me. I try not to care too much about prices. I just make sure to save up until I can eventually afford what I want. :blush:

2 Likes

Anyone that is betting on a price drop on mint WOTC 1st editions is going to have a bad time…

2 Likes

:dizzy_face: :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face:

Of course! The negativity is just too much sometimes. :confused:

1 Like

Guys it is a bubbble. Please sell I am trying to corner the market in some of these cards and higher prices are not helping!!! :slightly_frowning_face:

Corners are pokey, bubbles don’t like pokey things…

1 Like

Good because I’m sure plenty of people have thought of doing this. Buying all of 1 card on the market for example but it’s bad for the hobby and makes things into a monopoly. Much better off just grabbing a few of each vs “cornering the market on a specific card” I’m sure people would hate it if Walmart or some big company just bought everything on the market and made their own prices

1 Like

Also, in the words of Scott Pratte, people “assume they’re 2 to 5% of the market, when in reality, you’re probably .02 or .002% of the market.” If only buy outs were that simple.

Ya I’m sure it’s not that simple but even on a small scale buying let’s say 100 1st edition Umbreons would be very bad for collectors and the market in general but that’s just my thoughts it’s not like I’m a expert just stating my opinion

1 Like

I agree 100% with this scenario and I completely agree. Especially since there is so many more than 100 collectors with that bankroll for certain cards. That being said the only odd ball scenario that will be intriguing to watch in the next few years is how the CD promo PSA 10’s react to these price jumps. I believe those 5 holos have the highest pops in 10’s of all time still?

Being over 5k each, if prices tip the ship and whomever is holding all those cards gets ancy, it will be interesting to see how the market could react.

2 Likes

Though I may absolutely LOVE a certain card at a certain grade, I’ve never personally had the desire to purchase many copies of it to hold for myself, as that serves to devalue its importance to me. Unless there is a very interesting or nostalgic story that goes along with the items, don’t necessarily need a bunch of duplicates. I know that others will dispute this (specifically from a financial standpoint) but I am talking more about the collectible aspect of a specific item, as if something is very hard to attain and/or special to you, it holds much more value.

This is my personal opinion on the matter though! I’m not saying there is anything wrong with having many copies of a certain high value card, as I am sure most would prefer this. However, it’s universal - the less you have, the more you appreciate what you do have.

1 Like

Why you come first posting, telling people how to think and presenting your ideas like mandatory stuff?

“Sperm of the sperm whale.”

1 Like

Always wondering where the female sperm whales at though ngl

1 Like