Why does it make sense...

…to lock threads just because the last post in them was two months ago?

I’m not sure the purpose of that rule anyway (to proliferate new threads?), but it apparently doesn’t make sense when things could have changed over two months (e.g., new sales of a card).

For example, it seems someone just locked a thread about an Eevee with a unique first edition stamp after someone posted that he was able to obtain a graded copy—just because the last post was in December?

You’re fighting a losing battle…

4 Likes

Lots of new accounts come in via google searches and make a necro-post in ancient threads without doing any looking to see when the last post prior to theirs was.

I’m not sure this observation addresses my question. Either way, it seems to draw a relevant distinction: “ancient” v. two months ago

No battle bro, just a question. Perhaps someone (whoever thought of or the rule?) could answer it.

Locked thread coming in hot in 3…2…1…

6 Likes

If you’ve got an issue with moderation or need a rule explained feel free to pm a mod. It’s frankly pointless to have threads where new members question rules via public plea when the only people who can truly speak on it are the ones who make the rules.

To answer your question, necropost bans are common on nearly all forums and are in place because things change. Once discussion has naturally stopped on a topic for two months, it is likely the discussion is either out of date, inaccurate, or just not something the members of the forum want to talk about. If you read the actual rule, you will note that there are exceptions:

1.4. Bumping threads that have a last post of over 2 months ago is against the rules. There are exceptions to this rule:

**Bumping a topic, no matter how old, with new or relevant information to what is being discussed is acceptable and in fact encouraged.
**Bumping your own collection thread is fine regardless of time.

7 Likes