Why are sealed neo premium files still so cheap?

It’s pokemon, it’s 1999, it’s sealed, it has all the gen 2 starters and final forms in beautiful foil. I’m really tempted to stock up on them!

3 Likes

Is this a pump? Nice try. Not falling one for that one as I rapidly load up Yahoo Auction.

2 Likes

I think you underestimate how many of these were produced

3 Likes

There were just many printed. Yes they were released during the goldin era, but this is their biggest moment :wink: Pokemon Cards on Shop at Home (1999) - YouTube

10 Likes

Cheap and plentiful for a long time. This a case of 120 files from 2016.

2 Likes

PSA 1999 Japanese Neo Labels - "Double White Star" just going to glaze over the freshly baked associated article huh🫠

These cards have been speculated on longer than the pokemon on the cards have had english names. This is a great example of something that is low price but high value. In terms of something to buy to sell higher later… it’s been like 22 years and we are still waiting

7 Likes

“Wait a minute these are all Gem Mint 10?!?”
“ALL. NINE. CAAARDS-”
“OH MY, OHHH!!!”

This legitimately made me burst out laughing. :joy:

4 Likes

Is this set even worth $1K USD today in PSA 10?

1 Like

shhhhhhh

1 Like

Too much supply. Average art.

1 Like

Not even close

1 Like

Why Cd Promo is not that cheap as well :sob:

2 Likes

Unique art!

And they have the Pokemon Red & Blue art as well. I remember wanting them as a kid because of that!

4 Likes

The EV of grading the files is kind of insane compared to the cost. It’s surprising to me that such a well known and popular item, with popular cards, has such good ev at market prices

1 Like

I mean I picked up the 2nd neo file with the charizard for like 10 or 15 bucks a couple of years ago and its over 100 now so it’s definitely raised recently.

1 Like

During the mania of 2020 and 2021, these Neo Files were selling like hotcakes for $75. Looks like they’ve stayed around $50-$65 in recent months. They grade very well, but are incredibly abundant.

3 Likes

First time seeing this video, gotta say it’s hilarious!

Back in June I was able to score 9 of the Neo Starter Files for under $5 each. Thought I had gone back in time for a second.

4 Likes