Who is your Favorite Artist?

Hey, I was wondering who peoples favorite artist is and why? It’s always great seeing what your favorite artist has done and may still be doing. Personally my Favorite artist is Ryo Ueda. I love his old school ex cards those being some of my favorite cards in the hobby period and he has also done some phenomenal cards for worlds and trophies. Below are some of my personal favorites. Let me know who yours is. I’d love to hear it. :grin:

Absol ex(EX Power Keepers):

Wailord ex(EX Sandstorm):

Championship Arena(Black Star Promo Worlds 2005):

5 Likes

Arita is king.

4 Likes

Mitsuhiro Arita

4 Likes

@kingboo64,@papafrankgod, Arita is solid!

ALL HAIL ARITA!!

1 Like

The Chad 5ban graphics and whoever replaced Satoshi Tajiri directors. They reshaped and refaced the game.

1 Like

Masago
Arita
Koike
Kusajima
Himeno
Imakuni?
Nishida
Kinebuchi

Somewhat in that order :wink:

3 Likes

Mizue #1

I would have to say I do really like the artwork of Himeno. :blush:

3 Likes

Naoyo Kimura

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Komiya

2 Likes

Can’t say I can choose just one, since I love a few and their many varied arts, so I’ll choose 3:

Tomokazu Komiya

Love how iconic their cards are. I loved them as a kid because I thought it was a kid who drew them, not knowing at the time that they’ve perfected an art style meant to represent kid art:

Atsuko Nishida

Her art is timeless. She continues to display beautiful pieces of art in her depictions of Pokemon that make her art feel ethereal:

Tokiya

Always known for his badass displays of powerful Pokemon. If Nishida is the Milotic of Illustrators, it only makes sense that Tokiya is the Gyarados counterpart:

Honorable mentions who could easily be placed alongside these 3: Arita, Sugimori, Himeno, Kusajima, and Masago.

5 Likes

Mine would be Naoki Saito. The cards drawn by them have vibrant colors and tend to have thick strokes that make the details extremely clear. They’ve also drawn for a Hatsune Miku combined into Digimon collaboration in the past.

6 Likes

Some great art. Love the festa!

1 Like

Baba
Nishida
Kinebuchi
Himeno

To name a few.

1 Like

Albrecht Dürer :wink:

2 Likes

O O Y A M A