Which cards tell the Uri Geller vs Kadabra story?

Hi everyone! I’m trying to curate a mini-set that tells the Uri Geller vs. Kadabra story, and I’d love your input. Here’s the lineup I’ve had in mind so far:

  1. 1996 Japanese Base Set Kadabra (Unlimited): The origin card, one of Kadabra’s earliest TCG appearances.
  2. 1999 Japanese Team Rocket “Dark Kadabra” (Rocket Gang): The card particularly associated with Geller’s objections. In a BBC interview, Geller referred to an “evil character” based on him, which is generally understood to be Dark Kadabra (Japanese: Evil Yungerer).
  3. 2002 Japanese Split Earth Kadabra (e-Card Series): The final Japanese Kadabra card before the roughly 20-year TCG hiatus. Its English counterpart appeared in Skyridge in 2003.
  4. 2007 Japanese Mysterious Treasures Abra: A fascinating workaround during the Kadabra absence; its “Ultra Evolution” attack allowed Abra to evolve directly into Alakazam, bypassing Kadabra entirely.
  5. 2023 Japanese Pokémon Card 151 Kadabra (Master Ball Reverse Holo): The triumphant return of Kadabra to the TCG following Geller’s 2020 decision to allow Nintendo to use the character again. This was the first new Kadabra card in roughly 20 years.

What do you think of this lineup? Are there any cards you would add, swap, or remove to tell the story even better? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Looks like a good list to me :+1:

That’s a neat idea! It was always insane to me how Geller ever managed to get the Pokémon Company to stop making Kadabra cards for so long.

+1, really enjoyed reading this idea. Great to hear about these kinds of creative collecting goals and love how this tells a cool story!

These Uri Geller autographed cards must be worth a fortune. I wonder who owns them nowadays?

I’d say these cards definitely add to the story!

Years ago I came across a Kadabra Magic Card set. I’d say these deserve to be on that list:

I think one of the mid era Alakazams would also be neat, since every single Alakazam from Alakazam Star until 151 (besides Mysterious Treasures) was forced to be a basic due to the lawsuit.

It also made Alakazam a neat collection of Gimmicks, from Stars, to V’s, to Radiants, to SP’s, to multiple eras of EX’s