Where can you buy booster boxes while in Japan?

hey all the title is fairly self explanatory. i just wanted to know what stores i could go to to find some thanks!

I should also mentioned that I’m currently in tokyo lol

Pokemon Centers are generally the go-to option, though these days I think Dark Phantasma and Pokemon Go are the only ones regularly in stock. When I was there a few months ago, you could sometimes find Paradigm Trigger, but that was the exception to the norm.

Other than that, you’d probably need to look up some card shops on Google maps and see if they have any. Booster boxes other than those two sets are by in large pretty hard to find, and even if you do find them, the store will probably have them at least 1.5x above MSRP. A lot of shops don’t even allow people to buy whole boxes and have a pack limit instead. I don’t know how much time you have there, but I’d just explore around without any expectations and see what you can find!

Good luck!

While not exactly booster boxes, more of singles, packs, if you are looking within Tokyo I highly suggest mandrake, and bookoff. I frequented those the most when I used to work in international maritime trade. Specifically mandrake if you want to burn an afternoon as they carry a large inventory.

Unfortunately nowhere unless you specifically want Pokemon Go or Dark Phantasma.
Distribution here is terrible and has been for 2 years now

Edit: Pokemon Centre to get Pokemon Go/Dark Phantasma

I was in Japan a week ago, and spent a lot of time finding sealed product. You aren’t going to get anything retail aside from what has already been mentioned (the Pokemon Center usually had stock of both).

If you don’t mind paying above retail, Akihabara is the way to go - I bought a sealed Scarlet Ex box for around 9000 yen and saw several sealed Violet Ex boxes for around 15,000 to 20,000 yen. Check out Surugaya near Akihabara station.

I was also in Osaka which is where I had the most luck at the stores in Den Den Town, very little stock is hitting retail store shelves it seems…

Amazon delivery to your hotel room.