Where are the collectors? 2022 Edition

I searched for a “where are the collectors” and didn’t see a thread. Please delete if I missed it.

I was at the farmers market this morning and saw a guy with a cool Psyduck shirt on and it made me think…

Where the collectors at?

Alpharetta, GA here.

2 Likes

Everywhere. But most of the time we’re on disguise

1 Like

London, UK. However, I’m pretty good at hiding my dirty pleasure, I don’t walk around with a shirt that says “guilty” on my chest

4 Likes

Usually in my bed sleeping. But occasionally I’ll go outside to suffer in the SoCal sun.

2 Likes

I’m from The Netherlands (as a lot of Pokémon collectors I usually notice online, even though I know no one who collects irl among friends/family/co-workers/etc.)

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

Northeast. I try to find card shops but hard to find people who want to talk about Pokémon irl

1 Like

Norway! :norway:

9 Likes

scanning ebay for any new items flagged “pokeman”…damn the volume is too high… so hiding behind a computer 24/7

2 Likes

This

1 Like

That’s beautiful!

1 Like

I rarely meet other collectors in real life unless I was instrumental in them getting into collecting, but I was stunned when a new person at work said “so I heard you collect Pokémon” and told me they too were a vintage collector with a lot of the same sets as me.

It was equally surprising that we had very little to talk about. We both knew all the same things about all the same cards. Really instilled the value in me that what makes people’s collections interesting is variety. I love to meet collectors, but especially collectors who collect something different than me.

I live in northern New England. Not a lot of a local scene or anything to get involved in, at least not that I know about.

8 Likes

A lot people on this forum have very valuable collections and want their locations to remain as anonymous as possible :slight_smile: I live in Oregon

4 Likes

There is a good card shop in the New England area called 1stedition collectibles

1 Like

We’re in Arizona!

1 Like

Ontario, Canada :slight_smile:
I’m usually around the Toronto area a few times a month and visit card stores around there

5 Likes

Almost three hours away from me. :frowning:

Darn :slightly_frowning_face:

i live in the GTA, ima need those card store names

1 Like

Currently living in Arizona. At my workplace there are at least 6 people who play Pokemon GO, but don’t collect cards. I’ve also tried to get them to buy a pack for fun with no bites :stuck_out_tongue: These same people know that I like Pokemon but I haven’t told them anything about my collection. They also know that I don’t play Pokemon GO and every other day I get told that I should play… but then I’d have to go outside, and I don’t go outside.

3 Likes

Fellow AZ native! Enjoying the cooler weather? :slightly_smiling_face: