When to start worrying about packages in customs.

I’m waiting for a package from Australia that was received by the post office April 15th. It was stuck there for two weeks before it got shipped internationally. Hopefully it turns up in the coming weeks but I’m prepared for further delays along the way.

I’ve also got an order from USA shipped with USPS that was placed March 27th. That one has been stuck in Chicago since April 11th but I’ll give at least another month before checking up on it in more detail. Patience sure is a virtue in these times. :blush:

1 Like

If only all buyers were like this, sadly some (especially in U.S.) are really impatient and opening “item not received” cases like 2 weeks after the package is shipped (from Europe).

For now I have just started to message all USA buyers that it can take easily over a month to get there and give them a chance to cancel for a full refund before I even ship anything to avoid problems later on.

Same exact scenario for me too.

I have another Australia story to offer. My parcel supposedly left Australia on March 30th, but no tracking update ever since. It never arrived in Germany. Scheduled arrival was April 27th.

Must be one hell of a long flight then.

2 months + is normal for parcels from Australia atm :confused:

2 Likes

March 18, 2020
10:09 am
Processed Through Regional Facility,
CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Bought something from a trusted efour member. No update since that :roll_eyes:

This Thread Summed Up I Guess

Just a recommendation for anyone wanting to buy international consider FedEx. It took a week for package to be delivered from japan. Though the package wasn’t large(average bubble mailer size) at the cost of 16 USD for that speed I feel it’s well worth it. EMS air mail would of been around 10 and it would of made it in July. If time isn’t an issue then saving the 6 dollars maybe worth it but then again 6 dollars for that added piece of mind seems like a pretty good deal to me.

1 Like