Question about shipments from Japan

Over the last month, I have started ordering cards from Japan, which is not something I have typically done since getting back into the hobby back in 2017. So, I figured I would ask the more experienced collectors a question here.

I ordered a few cards from Japan on August 12. They were shipped on August 14 and arrived at the International Service Center in Chicago on August 17. However, since then, tracking has stopped.

Is this normal? I know with COVID and everything, international shipping has been slowed, but I’m just wondering if items typically stay at the ISC for this long.

Mail from Japan is taking forever in almost every country due to covid situation especially, as far as I know, USA due to the dramatic situation you’re in.

I’m used to receive ems in 3-4 days, now 10 days have passed and it’s still “departed from ISC Tokyo”; they do arrive but it’ll take longer for sure.

1 Like

Its been under two weeks… the world is in lockdown, please chill

Lol. And where in my post did I act like I wasn’t “chill?” I’m also pretty sure I specifically said “I understand things are slow because of COVID” in my OP. I have never really ordered from Japan before, so I was simply asking if this were normal, especially because the package has already arrived in the United States.

2 Likes

@mjs61290, ooof, Chicago? might have a while there till you end up seeing your things sadly. At the start of covid (say around march-may) anything that I had coming internationally that ended up there was at least a 3 to 6 week wait to come to me. I cant speak on how it is now, but eventually youll see your things. I even had one shipment take 4 months in total to arrive, but i mean thats that just the situation.

All and all, hopefully youll see your items soon but if not dont sweat it too much. You shall see them eventually!

1 Like

@dizzle24

Thanks, my friend! Yeah I have been doing some research on the Chicago ISC and people have echoed similar sentiments, so I wanted to check here to see if they were accurate. Apparently, they are. Haha.

1 Like