Mail Stuck in Japan

I’ve had some stuck there since being mailed in late March. Just the initial tracking is uploaded.

Anyone else still expecting mail from Japan mailed months ago?

2 Likes

I’ve bought about 20+ items from Japan past few months and am willing to wait. Mainly prize cards for Pokemon/Yugioh. All mentioned Japan post having issues shipping. Some sellers immediately canceled and refunded but I immediately bought it again and told them I’m willing to wait and to not cancel. This is a great time to buy cards cheap. Bought a ton from Japan and Italy.

3 Likes

Just wait it’ll get sent back to sender eventually or shipped out.

1 Like

I’m still waiting since April 5th.

1 Like

Mid March-April 5 for five orders, last update was Osaka Int., nothing since then.

1 Like

SAL, EMS and Airmail can’t be shipped out. Only DHL for now.

I requested my middleman to request a return of my EMS packages that had been stuck since late March and shipped out via DHL instead and got them within the week it was shipped.

3 Likes

They’re planning to lift the state of emergency in Japan on Monday. I have packages I’ve been waiting on since the end of March and they’ve finally started to move.

3 Likes

I waited 2 months for a package with priority shipping from the states, 2 months, priority - but it arrived eventually. i bought from japan few days ago and it arrived quite fast, standart shipping. i also bought another item from japan I expect to wait weeks until it arrives. be aware of the current situation, many shipments will be delayed, but you insured your stuff (ebay/paypal) anyways in case of loss. you just have to be patient.

I had one order that was shipped from Japan in the end of March to go back to the sender after a month. He then shipped it again, with DHL.

Then I had another order shipped to me by Air Mail a few weeks ago and it arrived within a week. It’s hard to say how things are atm. I’m from Finland so it seems like mail moves between Finland and Japan somehow right now.

3 Likes

Post is a mess right now, and not just from Japan. I have packages incoming from all over the globe (Japan, China, US, Australia, Brazil, Germany, Poland, etc. etc.)

To give a few examples of why it’s a mess:

• I ordered a card from Japan at the end of February. I also ordered a card from Japan about three weeks ago. Both of them arrived earlier this week on the same day.
  • I ordered a card from a seller in the US 1.5 months ago. I ordered another card from the exact same seller (same shipping method/service; same to and from location). The second card arrived last week, and the earlier card that was send 1.5 month ago arrived this week. Like wtf? :dizzy_face:

Anyway, packages still do arrive, but are sometimes heavily delayed. I’ve also heard that Japan and South Korean can only ship with DHL at the moment, as mentioned by @chok above, so all other packages that were shipped with other shipping options/services are somewhere in limbo right now. All we can do is stay patient I guess.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

I’ve got a package that hasn’t moved since April 13, nothing beyond the initial tracking. International shipping is nuts but nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

i got one with DHL and one with SAL Japan Post.

It depends on where the packages go though, so for anyone wondering, check the statements as to which countries are affected by the restrictions. I had no problem recieving both Airmail and EMS in the last three months, all arrive within a week.

Good to know! How much would DHL cost? (Is it feasible for smaller things about $20, $50, and $80 each?)

They probably don’t have anything going to the states right now via airmail because they don’t have flights going from USA to Japan. They have like 78 countries barred from entry rn

A tiny bit off topic but I don’t want to create a whole thread. Is there delays from Australia to US? And sorry to hear about your Japan delays guys

2 Likes

AFAIK, shipping a card with DHL is around $30 - $50 depending on whether you have a biz contract with them. And they usually arrive within 3 biz days.

1 Like

I bought a card from japan-international-trade (now card_secret) about 5 weeks ago, the tracking hasn’t moved a bit, and I was told to “wait patiently for a few more months”…

1 Like

Same issues with Australia

1 Like

I had a package I ordered at the beginning of April, get to OSAKA Int. and do nothing for a month. The seller messaged me saying that Japan Post wasn’t accepting packages and they eventually received the item back. They mailed it out again via DHL and it was in my hands in less than a week.

1 Like