When to buy the alt-arts from Battle Styles?

Hey all,

New to the forum but have been collecting for years. I’m here because I have always been interested in collecting the alternate art cards, and with the release of Battle Styles, I’m excited for several alt-art cards again for the first time since the tag team alt-arts. My question is, what do you expect the floor to be for some of these? I know the prices will drop (right now it looks like you could expect to pay anywhere from ~80-250 depending on the art)…but by how much? I remember $40 being a lot for the Magikarp & Wailord tag team alt-art. But things are changing so fast with the hobby that I don’t know when to buy or what to pay. I’d love to hear anyone else’s thoughts on this.

@crystalambassador, with the uncertainty in the market, no one could ever answer such a question. Things can change so rapidly that the prices you see today id expect to be different tomorrow, and then the day after that and so on. You cant time these things and theres no right or wrong time to buy. The right time will always be when youre ready, not when something was the cheapest.

Best anyone can say is go into what you desire when youre ready and comfortable with the price thats good for you.

3 Likes

@dizzle24, I appreciate the response. I suppose I still can’t wrap my head around how quickly this market has exploded and I don’t know how to proceed buying singles for my collection; I have to be choosier since everything is more expensive. But you made a great point, and I’ll take it to heart :blush: and buy what I want when I am ready rather than trying to gauge the market and miss out entirely.

1 Like

www.elitefourum.com/t/before-you-post-a-thread-in-price-and-market-discussion/29138/1