What's this - Battmemo DX - menco - Charizard

Hello, I’m once again asking for some japanese knowledge with niche items.
Need infos on the following items:

Need info on history + value, only found one on ebay. I will sell/post on fb too

I know a little anout Menco, need mostly a price range since on ebay/fb I’ve seen a wide range of prices

1 Like

Top photo: I’ve only ever seen the Charizard/Mewtwo battle memo! It is amazing that you’ve found them for the other two starters. I know that this is a game that involves little memo notebooks. You can even get little booster packs where you can get other notebooks with a chance of them being foil. I don’t know how popular they are. I remember people selling the Charizard/Mewtwo for about 15 a piece.

Bottom photo: Menko was another company that made collectible vintage pokemon product in the 90s in Japan. Each pack you have there has a set of rectangular pieces of cardboard featuring various pokemon. The largest piece is foil, but the smaller rectangles are not. You can get a cool foil mew! I bought mine for 30/35 dollars pack. They are fun to collect and I have two of the Mew cards. I wish PSA graded these. Menko also made special battle disks. Similar to these collectable cardboard rectangles but the art is different. These are also pretty collectible and the large foil discs sell for a bit on ebay.

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

I have never seen these before! I absolutely love the look of them, though. Thank you @deltazero for the info!

In either case…

I have found a new want.

2 Likes

Thank you! I have a double for each of the 3 shown in the first pic that I’ll eventually sell. I only found one on ebay with the Pika/Blatoise for sale so I was missing a price reference^^
I didn’t know there was a game related to them, I have a few loose memo notebooks too, but never knew about their history.

And yes, I have also the pack with the round Menkos** Not even Beckett will grade them?

1 Like

I am glad I can be of help! I think the battle memos could be reasonably sold for 15-25 dollars at this point. I don’t know too much about what Beckett grades, but I am pretty sure Beckett doesn’t grade Menkos either.

They are super cool products! I am glad I could be of help in some way. I’ve seen a lot of these 90s Japanese vintage product, so I know a little bit about each. I wish my knowledge of each item was a bit more extensive.