What's the best eBay consignment seller after PWCC?

Really hard to tell from what was written but it seems like they charge 5% sales fee off the hammer price?

If you want longevity in this hobby, I feel like it’s pretty necessary to learn how to be a good seller on eBay yourself.

4 Likes

Spoken like a true American who doesn’t have to deal with 20% import tax, month long shipping times and GST

:ninja:

8 Likes

Guilty as charged your honor, I should check my privilege haha

Long list of reasons it’s not ideal to be in Australia these days

For high end stuff, I think going with one of the bigger auction houses like heritage is a good idea

Personally I don’t buy anything above 30k usd from eBay sellers (apart from pwcc when it was on eBay). The payment process is much simpler if it can be done through wire transfer with an established auction house, with all the protections that an individual might not be able to give

Speaking from the lens of an international buyer

There is always Ass and Pratte if you are a Patreon and have higher end items

3 Likes

I am still new to the consignment scene, why is probstein bad? I know they have trimming issues and other bad practices around the sports cards, but for pokemon less then $1k I dont get what makes them so bad. Not like you can trim and cut pokemon cards or that they are shill bidding on a 200$ pokemon card.

There’s nothing wrong with them if you want to sell your small-mid range Pokemon items.

People’s biggest issues with Rick is that he seems to be okay with gray areas. He recently interviewed Mastro (one of the biggest frauds in sports card history), they sold tons of the trimmed and graded cards in the past (as did pwcc, also shame on psa) even though they were told by many that they were trimmed, there has been talk of alleged shill bidding for a decade and even SUPER recently (last week) they were informed that BGS was grading fake Ronaldo rookies and still didn’t pull the auction (it went for $11k) they had while Goldin was smart enough to pull theirs.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your input @KingPokemon, @dragon1te, and @stagecoach! Just out of curiosity, in your experience with consigning with TCA Gaming/Rusty, did you have him pay you out through ACH (bank account and routing number), PayPal Goods and Services (G/S), or wire transfer? I’m still pretty new to this eBay selling and consigning business, and I was wondering what the best avenue is for payment. Thanks again for all of your help and for your contributions to the hobby!

In my experience, he usually puts them up for high grades (i.e. 9.5, 10s) or any expensive card.

What is the approximate value of the card(s) you are looking to sell?

1 Like

I think what I’m looking to sell is at least $1000 @eeveeteam. Thanks for your help! Would appreciate any input you have.

Yeah lots of options at the 1k range. Could sell yourself on ebay. I am unsure of your history, but even low feedback for 1k isn’t too much to worry about.

Could go PWCC, TCA Gaming, etc. as well. Once you ship to them, they take care of the rest. You would have to reach out to see how you would get paid.

2 Likes

Thanks so much @eeveeteam! Their payment methods are through a bank transfer (e.g. providing them with your bank routing and account number), through PayPal Goods and Services (G/S), or through a bank wire transfer ($50 per wire transfer). I guess my questions is if all three methods of payments are equally safe. I know that PayPal Goods and Services is pretty safe, but there is a 3% fee involved. Perhaps for a $1,000 sale that would not be the biggest deal, but for larger sales (e.g. $5000+), 3% can be a fair bit of change.