What would a complete Unbroken Bonds binder set be worth?

I’m not planning on parting with this any time soon, but I know there have been some comments recently about how Unbroken Bonds has had a lower print run than the other recent sets - how true that is I do not know. Around the time of its release I did manage to put together the full collection complete with all secret rares and reverse variants. Almost all of the cards were pulled first hand by me so the condition of each card can safely be described as “pack fresh”.

FWIW the chase card Charizard does unfortunately have a small printing defect on the holo pattern, so I’d say that’s more of a PSA 9 than a 10 if it were to be graded.

In total there are 413 cards, with only the holo variants of Squirtle and Wartortle from the Blastoise-GX Premium Collection box missing.

What would this likely be worth in today’s market and would there be any long-term value in holding on to a full set like this? I’m assuming in the short run complete sets like this see a decrease in value which picks back up over time?

1 Like

Probably somewhere around this:

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323932863463

It’s an extremely recent set so some of the value is currently in how playable some of the standard format cards are. The value of these playable cards will definitely drop along with everything else that will no longer be the new cool thing. Over a long period of time, it could end up being worth quite a bit more money.

Unbroken Bonds certainly was not under printed. That being said, there are a lot of hypers and secrets so it would take a lot of product to end up with all of them. These large master sets would be a pain to put together in the future in good condition just because of the insane amount of cards needed.

2 Likes

Im quite sure it could fetch easily U$S800; due to certain cards being really sough after at this time; mostly due to playability.

My opinion in terms of time are a bit different than Rattle. I collect modern era sets and in terms of value; every set that rotates out ends up with a lower market value, cards that used to be playable are no longer; people try to get rid of them and buy the new flavors…

Considering that; i’d say the actual value might drop after UB rotates out.

(And no, UB didnt have a short print, you can still get sealed cases for U$S510)

1 Like

Bang on, players tend to dump rotating cards up to 6 months before rotation so all sets will take a hit regardless of any particular cards trend. Modern binder sets have a relative low value and will do for a long time. The current value is because of playables and zard and the set will mostly be bought to rip these out.

1 Like

How so?

There is definitely some value in having it as a set specially with the more playable cards being in pack fresh condition.

Newer sets require you to flip and like most people said, once they are out of rotation, the chances of them doing down significantly is very likely. The only newer sets that I can see possibly having a really good value out of the set is Shining Legends and Hidden Fates, mainly because you can’t just buy a few booster boxes to complete the set. That is purely speculating though.