Price Of Complete Shadowless Base Set ?

Over the past 2 months I have been putting together a shadowless set. I found my old shadowless holos as I was helping my dad move. I’m 88/102 the way done. The cards are not mint nor neat mint expect maybe about half the Commons and uncommon cards. As I’m getting close to having it completed I am wondering what it could sell for binder included.

Most the set value depends on the holos. Once you get all the holos and give us specific guesses on grades then we can guesstimate a value.

2 Likes

I bought a NM+ set in October for $500. The holo’s averaged a 7.4 at PSA and the non-holos are 7-9 condition. Just for a data point

2 Likes

A NM+ one sold for 1200 dollars last week I was going to buy, perfect on every holo but was a minute too late

1 Like

I communicated with that seller for weeks. He had it listed before. He sent me more pics. He was willing to sell for $850, but I passed.

The extra pics showed quite a bit more damage. I still think $850 was a steal honestly as some cards were still mint, but others were hardly a PSA 6-7. I would have grabbed it, but too much risk imo

1 Like

Yes, it is so hard to judge just by pictures because they can be deceiving (unintentionally). Unless the seller blatantly knows of the flaws and does not disclose them.

1 Like

Can you see any past sales on Ebay for the complete set in various conditions? You can probably start at a little higher price point (w/in reason) and put a best offer unless you are going to try and locally sell. At least with best offer, you can see what some people are willing or will possibly pay.

1 Like

From the condition you described I’d say $400-700. Value on holos will vary a lot anywhere from $10-50 for non starters and obviously even more on the big 3.

1 Like

I’ve sold complete and partial sets quite a bit in the last couple years. I sold a complete set in Excellent condition, but all non-holo in NM-M condition for 600. That was about a year ago.

2 weeks ago I sold a partial set missing only Raichu and Alakazam and a few rare trainers for $525. The holos were in excellent condition, except charizard, which was in played condition.

One thing to keep in mind… I think these sets have the greatest appeal for a foreign buyer because collecting the set is more difficult for them and it’s easier to buy the cards all in one shot rather than piece it together and deal with high shipping costs. In the past, most of my sets have sold out of country. Make sure that whatever you do, you make the description of the cards EXTRA clear and having your shipping figured out. I like sending a binder with the holos in separate toploaders in bubble mail in a package. I charge a straight 15 dollars to ship because it factors in my time, packaging and if inside the US I use esignature confirmation to guarantee delivery. I don’t mess with expensive stuff.

1 Like

Thank you all for the insight and you’re opinions and experiences. It will make the selling of this set a lot easier on me. I’m just getting back into the pokemon community and I appreciate the knowledge.