What sealed products do you feel are undervalued?

Pikachu CD promo

1 Like

How on earth are 1st Gym Challenge boxes worth more than 1st Team Rockets? ~

I think it’s a combination of two things.

1. There’s less of them.
  2. I feel like most people enjoy the artwork of gym challenge than they do others.
2 Likes

Don’t under estimate how many gym challenge boxes are out there. An efour member posted about cracking a case of them.

Id put them slightly rarer than team rocket but not by much but i do agree the artwork is the best :blush:

2 Likes

A case is not a lot in the grand scheme of things :stuck_out_tongue:

My personal experience has me to believe gym are/were very underpriced compared to the more common jungle/fossil/rocket

3 Likes

Not anymore my friend haha. Seems like ex boxes have gone vertical in price recently.

next week I should receive 2 box of Ex emerald, one Ex unseen forces and one ex Collectors Box Rayquaza and i’m having a terrible time finding a correct sale price ahah i saw last sold of unseen is around 3K$ and collectors 500$ so i think they are moving pretty quick.

I’m not well informed on the Japanese market, but for English… EX boxes are rare but due to the limited value of cards from several sets (eg Unseen Forces, Emerald, Hidden Legends), the appeal is mainly to box and pack collectors/sellers, not openers (sans Gold Star chase cards, but even then doesn’t always add up). I agree the Gym sets are currently undervalued compared to the cards within. Unlimited is absurdly cheap considering it’s 20 years old and has such wide appeal. The value of the cards matters much less than other sets, who doesn’t want Unlimited boosters? The supply will run out eventually even if it’s a far slower process than, say, 1st Ed. Neo Rev. Frankly Shadowless and 1st Ed. Base are also undervalued… a sealed 1st Ed. Box selling for 48k is laughable, even with recent controversy.

Couldn’t agree more.

The vending series is an amazing set that was never printed in English, and these are vending series cards (except they are not glossy).

The box comes with 5 holos (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Scyther, Master Ball), beautiful cards that are holos exclusively to this box. All of them come with a good chance of being graded a 10 right out of the box, and all of the 10s go for high prices.

It’s also among the most beautiful box art ever printed on a Pokemon card set.

If you’re into Japanese exclusive cards at all, this box is a great bargain for what you’re getting.

4 Likes

All sealed product minted from 2003-2005

Indeed! I really want to buy one in the near future.

During the dead days of Pokemon collecting I remember base unlimited boxes costing more than most other WOTC boxes. They were running around $120-$150 and you could buy boxes like TR, Jungle, Fossil 1st for $80-$90. Legendary collection, Neo Revelation 1st edition $80-$90. People would sell their whole sealed collection in auctions, sometimes containing 20-30 sealed boxes with a couple hundred loose packs going for 1k-1.5k

5 Likes

That’s so wild