What’s your favorite dead TCG? 💀

DBZ would be my answer, but when I was a kid I went with my mum to get some Yu-Gi-Oh packs and instead of getting those the guy running the store off-loaded a a couple boxes of the original Star Trek TCG for essentially the same price as like 10 packs of Yu-Gi-Oh. Had a lot of fun opening those on the way home.

3 Likes

Oh man the nostalgia. I remember buying packs at 7/11 as a kid

1 Like

2003 Upper Deck Spongebob Squarepants Aquatic Amigos

Has zero nostalgia / collectability / value but I love Spongebob and it was cheap to open. I pulled the best card in the set and it graded a 10, currently pop 2 and unironically one of my collection grails.

7 Likes

MTG

3 Likes

Club Penguin Card-Jutsu

Best card game don’t @ me

1 Like

Fire Emblem Cipher. Yes, Marth and Roy are in this TCG :sweat_smile:

Outside of Pokemon, Fire Emblem is the franchise that I’d consider my favorite of all time. I first played Blazing Sword (known simply as “Fire Emblem”) for the GBA back in middle school and was hooked ever since. I’ve now played through every game, even the ones that never made their way to North America, and am a huge fan of its cast of noble heroes and warriors.

Despite that, I never paid any attention to the TCG when it was in print, but fixed that last year and have started picking up sealed boxes and a few cards to build my collection. Thankfully, Cipher boxes are nowhere near the prices of old Pokemon boxes, which is nice as it’s satisfying being able to actually own and preserve older sealed product from a franchise I love.

The art on some of the SR+ cards is gorgeous and does justice to Fire Emblem’s most iconic heroes and heroines. I especially love the “paired artwork” cards and those with nods to events in characters’ respective games.

B08-051+
B08-054+
B19-103
B16-001+
B16-004+
B21-051+

5 Likes