What kind of PSA slab tests would you like to see next?

Hello again all!
So with a lot of great feed back from community members I’ve decided I would like to continue testing a few different aspects of PSA slabs. The primary requests i got involving testing were:

• UV light testing
  • Water submerging/resistance testing
  • Vigorous shake testing

So my questions have become: Are these the tests you would like to see conducted next? Do you have additional ideas as far as to what issues your slabs might face? Leave a comment on your thoughts for testing ideas.

1 Like

1000 degree knife vs psa 10 charizard

5 Likes

UV light seems like it’s the easiest to do first and a legitimate concern to me.

Do a humidity test. That would be different from a water test. In this hot summer weather I want to know what happens if a card is left out in this humid weather.

Maybe place it in a water vapor? Hand it over a steam bath, but do NOT submerge it. Lets see what happens after it is steamed for 30 minutes.

Hard to do realistically though. I want to know the effects of UV on a card not placed in direct sunlight, but that would take a long time to se results and many time lapse photos. Obvously there would be UV damage if placed under a UV lamp for a few days. Only question is how quick would it happen?

I’m also more intersted in real sunlight than a lamp that would be artificial.

I would have to agree, I’m interested in UV testing myself. I’m positive direct sunlight testing would take way to long, but actual UV lamps would speed the process up dramatically. If I do that test I’ll have to see what you guys are currently using for UV protection and apply it accordingly.

I would really appreciate a robust UV experiment that could be used to estimate how long a card could sit in regular household lighting. Not even sure if such a thing is possible but it would be cool.

3 Likes

I’ve always wondered if roughly shaking the psa slab would hurt the card or not. There is not much room for movement of the card in the slab.

3 Likes

UV testing seems like a good idea. I know its something thats stressed constantly, here on eFour.

Put the PSA slab on your roof with a waterproof video camera. See what a week/2weeks of sunshine and rain does to it…

2 Likes

IIRC @garyis2000 put a case with a loose card in a paint agitator for awhile and found no damage.

1 Like

Well that answers my question. Thanks!

Reactivity

because I have a case that got crazed from another object.

If you do UV lighting, you should also include the Ultra Pro sleeves that claim to be UV protectant. It would be interesting to see those results.