Do PSA cards warp in "airproof" cases more rapidly? Test!

Going off of an alarming post by @nysyr, we need to test whether the case is real and apparent that airtight safes/storage solutions warp cards at an accelerated rate. The volatility of our slabs are important to us, and I’m willing to take a few for the team to see if this is truly the case.

You can check Nysyr’s original post here.

So far, I’ve got the following parameters to test:

• Regular PSA Slab
  • Raw, unsleeved card
  • Single sleeved card
  • Toploaded card
  • Sleeved/toploaded card
  • Sealed pack

It may be said that it’s obvious that moisture is what caused the warping to happen in the first place, but I want to test the extremities. I’m going to record average air humidity, temperature, and weather over each day.

I’ll be using a safe similar to the one Nysyr stored those cards that warped in. I may leave it outside just on my porch and bring it in during any sort of storm activity. I don’t want to open the safe unless I’m outside and the humidity is the same as when I first shut the safe.

If you guys have any suggestions for anything I could do otherwise, let me know. I want to see how quickly this could happen in high humidity environments. A lot of people seem to store their slabs in the open so it may not be an issue, but for smaller collectors a safe may be the best choice for storage.

RIP Yellow Cheeks Pikachu. Or not? We will see.

5 Likes

I think @silversnorlax204 was doing a similar test?

1 Like

I’ll have to link up with them then. Maybe we can do different parameters.

It’s going to storm here tonight so I’ll be starting tomorrow. Thanks for the notice though, for sure.

It doesnt hurt to have too many cooks in the kitchen with this issue

1 Like