What is the one thing you dislike the most about collecting?

Dead.

XD

Only because we all know its as much a true statement about side goals as it is a joke. Hahaha

2 Likes

I am surprised no one has mentioned pack weighing yet

2 Likes

It also makes certain cards far less accessible to genuine collectors trying to complete sets.

The speed at which sets are released with infinite chase cards (ex, sr etc), makes it very difficult and expensive to try and keep upā€¦ especially if you donā€™t screw up everyone elses odds weighing packs.

3 Likes

I have always been conflicted over pack weighing. I weigh my own packs if Intend on keeping some sealed. I donā€™t really want to have sealed packs with FAs in them. Iā€™ve never went to target or whatever and weighed through packs but I definitely want to. I feel like that would be equivalent to selling someone a bunch of packs on eBay that you know have been weighed for full price which I would never do. It is just really tempting when packs at target are like $4 though.

@funmonkey54
When your side collection gets jealous of your main collection and you donā€™t want to give up either but the side collection needs to learn its place.

this comment is just horrid :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

ONE? You expect me to trim my Googolplex long list down to ONE. I am adding this to the list.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googolplex

2 Likes

Wish i could get loose packs in Aus for $4, going rate in shops is 6-7.
@milhouse whats yours?

i remember weighing some of my team rocket booster packs to test if weighing really works, i had like 15 heavy packs and opened a few and got holos from them, so i put the rest of the heavys back in my box.

a few weeks later i decide to sell some on ebay and forget ive weighed them and a guy buys 4 packs, i send him 4 heavy packs from the top of the box lol. a week later he asks to buy more and im wondering why this guy is so eager until i realise what happened

3 Likes

This is funny hehehe.

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised nobody has mentioned this one yet:

NOT ENOUGH SPACE TO DISPLAY EVERYTHING!

:rofl:

4 Likes

Oops my bad, I was supposed to tag you in my message lol.

To original question: one thing I donā€™t like in this hobby thereā€™s always too many great options to choose from and too less money. Iā€™ve been forced to discard so many plans during these years, then again Iā€™m finally starting to find collection goals I actually enjoy.

1 Like

So many awesome points and posts above! this is a cool thread.

Lol! side collections >.< my marvel card collection has became so small since pokemon took over and made it, itā€™s B***Hā€¦

Dam, there is so many negatives with collectingā€¦ Iā€™m so pessimistic, so this is easy for me:

• The price of this hobby is too dam expensive!

• Not enough solid avenues to buy and trade cheaply apart from EBAY and YJA.

• Ebay fees are lame! YJA fees are lame!

• People who scam on ebay and donā€™t ship items out

• Figuring out and arguing about condition for ungraded cards

• Pay-pal claims against sellers, the buyer always wins.

• Primetimepokemon

• GSP for international buyers

• Counterfeit goods

ahā€¦ I think I should stop.

2 Likes

@kkthxbai
PrimetimePokemon like the guy on YouTube?

Lol! Primetimepokemon is awful XD

I figured he would be a member here. You guys dont like him cause he opens all the old sealed stuff?

Itā€™s likeā€¦

why does he get all these free pokemon cards forā€¦

and why is everything ultra rare!! and amazing, like when he says, WOW!! a fossil *insert common card name*

lol. I think his videos are aimed at kids, but they are hilarious to watchā€¦

I dont really care much for collecting old sealed products but I would feel bad for buying it and opening it and it not even being somewhat worth it because there is only so many of them left. It is cool to watch though so I guess itā€™s worth it

haha almost laughed when i saw primetimepokemon as one of the things you dont like about pokemon :stuck_out_tongue:

i subbed to him ages back, now all i get in my sub tab is him getting free cards, i dont get why people send him cards

2 Likes

the only reason is because they want a shout-out because they think people will view their channels hahaha

2 Likes