What is the first Pokemon product you got as a child?

That Arceus tin is exquisitely beautiful.

2 Likes

Topps packs!

3 Likes

Abra base set card given to me by a friend in 3rd grade

1 Like

The pokemon emerald pre-order tin is one of the first non tcg things i remember getting as a kid. The quintessential rayquaza art on that tin still hits me deep in the nostalgia

4 Likes

A lot of my earliest memories with Pokémon are pretty fuzzy but it must have been either

• unlimited base Voltorb card
• official Pokémon handbook from the school book fair
• Pokémon eraser figures/ tomy figures

2 Likes

Pokemon Fire Red with the wireless adapter was my 1st.

3 Likes

I got a pack of base, probably base unlimited. Came with a holo Mr. Mime. My neighbor juked me out of it and I never got another holo. Now I’m an adult and my neighbor is juking me out of cash for his old Pokemon cards.

1 Like

maybe that was a Jungle pack?

1 Like

Im gonna blame this one on the gummies. Yeah, Jungle :grin:

1 Like

Mine was one of those 3rd party toy’s r us combo packs with the deck and a few packs for $20. Only things I remember getting from it were a Gengar (I was like 5 or 6 so don’t exactly know which set as it disappeared not long after when i had some friends over) and action flips which i still have to this day.

2 Likes

pokemon blue :blush:

1 Like

Pokemon blue

1 Like

Base Set booster containing an alakazam for me. We didn’t get them often though I remember opening up Fossil and Jungle alot more.

2 Likes

I believe mine was Pokemon Red. I got it for Christmas 1998 as well as a turquoise GameBoy Color to play it on. I had just turned 4 so I doubt I even knew how to read lol

3 Likes

I’m older than a lot of people here, a lot older. I vaguely remember buying shed loads of booster packs and boxes for my children. They were really for me but don’t tell. :blush: I was told to go out and get some Pokemon Cards. Came back with Topps cards and was grilled to go get proper cards with the yellow borders. LOL Base set Unlimited booster packs.

4 Likes

Fossil booster pack on Christmas and I pulled a holo Lapras. Gooooooood times!

3 Likes

I remember collecting all the energies as a kid and swapping them for a Pokemon coin – how I wish I’d kept those cards…

2 Likes

Pokémon Red and a copy of Electric Gaming Monthly that had some tips+tricks for the game

3 Likes

Do you still have the Lapras? :open_mouth:

1 Like

pokemon game yellow from my godmother.
I regret not spending time with her when she came to visit.

2 Likes