What is a complete English Charizard Master Set?

Hey! Sorry for so many topics in recent weeks but I’ve been really back into collecting these last few months. On project I’m currently working on is a Charizard Master set for just in a binder, rather than to be graded and get all 10’s like Gold Star! So I’m going to ravel down a massive list now of what I think the master set is, bare in mind this is ENGLISH not Japanese, though there are some specific ones printed only in Japanese right? Off the top of my head theres the 1996 CD promo, NEO 2 binder reverse Zard and Lance’s charizard. Any more? Anyway without further ado here’s the list of cards - this purpose here is to see if I’ve missed any so any input would be great thanks!

1. Base Set 1st Edition Thick Stamp
  2. Base Set 1st Edition Thin Stamp
  3. Base Set 1st Edition Grey Stamp (I really don’t know whether to count this, its my opinion it’s just a poorly printed stamp due to low ink in the printer…)
  4. Base Set Shadowless
  5. Base Set Unlimited
  6. Base Set UK 1999-2000
  7. Base Set 2
  8. Legendary Collection
  9. Legendary Collection Non Holo Theme Deck
  10. Legendary Collection Reverse
  11. 1st Edition Holo Dark Charizard
  12. 1st Edition Non Holo Dark Charizard
  13. Unlimited Holo Dark Charizard
  14. Unlimited Non Holo Dark Charizard
  15. 1st Edition Blaine’s Charizard
  16. Unlimited Blaine’s Charizard Error Version
  17. Unlimited Blaine’s Charizard Corrected Version
  18. 1st Edition Shining Charizard
  19. Unlimited Shining Charizard
  20. Expedition 6/165 Holo
  21. Expedition 6/165 Reverse
  22. Expedition 39/165
  23. Expedition 39/165 Reverse
  24. Expedition 40/165
  25. Expedition 40/165 Reverse
  26. Skyridge Holo
  27. Skyridge Reverse
  28. EX Dragon Holo
  29. EX Dragon National Championship
  30. EX Fire Red Leaf Green
  31. Crystal Guardians Holo
  32. Crystal Guardians Reverse
  33. Dragon Frontiers Gold Star
  34. Power Keepers Holo
  35. Power Keepers Reverse
  36. Secret Wonders Holo
  37. Secret Wonders Reverse
  38. Stormfront Reprint
  39. Charizard G
  40. Charizard G Reverse
  41. Charizard G Lvl X
  42. Charizard G Lvl X Promo
  43. Arceus Holo
  44. Arceus Reverse
  45. Arceus Shard Holo
  46. Boundaries Crossed Holo (theres 2 thanks to Hisoka, Reg Holo and Cosmo holo!)
  47. Boundaries Crossed Reverse
  48. Plasma Storm Secret Rare
  49. Legendary Treasures Holo
  50. Legendary Treasures Reverse
  51. Legendary Treasures Alternate Holo
  52. Flashfire EX
  53. Flashfire EX
  54. Flashfire EX Full Art
  55. Flashfire Mega EX X
  56. Flashfire Mega EX Y
  57. Flashfire Mega EX X Secret Rare
  58. Flashfire Mega EX Y Secret Rare
  59. Generations Holo
  60. Generations EX
  61. Generations Mega EX
  62. Charizard EX Promo 17
  63. Charizard EX Promo 29
  64. Charizard EX Promo 121
  65. Evolutions Zard Holo
  66. Evolutions Zard Rev Holo
  67. Evolutions Zard Prerelease
  68. Evolutions Zard Staff Prerelease
  69. Evolutions Zard EX
  70. Evolutions Mega Zard EX
  71. Evolutions Mega Zard EX FA

So this is from the top of my head… I don’t think I’ve missed any but would gladly update the list if there is any more! I’m currently assembling this and have the majority apart from the Big hitters haha…c

8 Likes

Does it count as a master set if you have the majority of these but in a mixture of Japanese and English ?

Here I’m going for an English Master Set, but if you were to go towards a COMPLETE Master Set of Charizard in both English and Japanese it’d count towards that I guess :blush:

1 Like

if you wanted to get this set in one fell swoop. There is an ebay listing for $50k.
I did the math on it and being very generous, that listing is worth $18-20k.

2 Likes

Haha yeah I’ve seen that! Whilst very amazing not doubt, you are right. I’m fortunately not after PSA 10’s of the cards, but rather just looking at ungraded in NM/Mint and maybe EX+ for the first 3 since they’re so costly and it’d be a shame to not grade it. Question was mainly are their any missing off the list :blush:

1 Like

boundaries crossed blister pack galaxy promo. I’m not sure if the LT was
the only one with an alternate holo.
I miss read your post. Ducking feslexia.

are you looking for cards with charizards in the backgrounds? ex. english lucky stadium

No worries haha, you are right though damn, another for the list - one I don’t have.

Had a quick search about and they were distributed with a Blastoise and Venusaur promo with some XY packs in the US. I’ve literally never seen it before and they seem very scarce! Will take a while to get one haha.

Edit - Never mind some guy in Canda is selling these for £5 including shipping woop!

Nope just main Charizard cards thanks :blush: Some awesome Charizard variations ones like the poncho Japanese ones!

I did a bit more research on the population counts on the Charizards listed (great list btw) and these are the only Charizards without a PSA 10 yet:

0-8 37. Secret Wonders Reverse
0-8 42. Charizard G Lvl X Promo
0-2 51. Legendary Treasures Alternate Holo

The second number is the amount of cards in a PSA 9. Example: Secret Wonders has 8 PSA 9s.

Lastly, I’d recommend including the Skyridge & LC Box Toppers. I’m with you on removing the grey stamp. To me it falls more in the error pool.

IMO you can’t remove grey stamp especially if you are calling it a “complete master set” of one Pokemon as someone can come along and complete this set and add the grey stamp and have more Charizards than you.

I think the grey stamp is a “common” enough error to be included, but can understand why people choose not to include it. Also if this is a complete master set what would you call a Charizard collection with every card with Charizard in the background? Ultimate Master 100% Best Complete Megatron Charizard Set?

2 Likes

Now the argument opens up to miscuts & other misprints. I concur grey is likely the most common of all errors. Point being is the list becomes near infinite depending on where the line is drawn. All of the other prints seem intentional in some way.

2 Likes

List updated.

On the topic - should we be counting FPO?

hello no! that’s a prototype card. it’s not an official release. think of it as production material

If you count grey, FPO should have an argument. It was not intentionally released, although there was a video of a guy unknowingly opening anew FPO pack. If we stay on the subject of MASTER, I’d say most of us recognize it, so yes. The question is: If the list is chronological, where does the FPO go? Lol

4 Likes

Currently at 30 different Zards!

1 Like

I will post mine soon xD

But for now use this. It’s missing some that I have found on my list but good enough i suppose

trollizardalottable.weebly.com/list-of-all-charizards.html

1 Like

Also shouldn’t square cut count?

Also jumbos? / boxtoppers?

The one true master set of Charizard cards is to own every Charizard card ever printed. There can only be one…

4 Likes

has to be psa 10 or bgs 10 =D

Theres this guy on facebook, and he has like every charizard in every language from every set. He has the true master set of charizards times 6 - 20. He only has a few graded cards that are his favourite, and his missing one zard i think from one language… Korean Unlimited charizard… Which i really want xD

I think he has 3 binder pages of shining neo 4 japanese zards:
www.facebook.com/groups/the.charizard.network/