What in the world is going on with these CGC scans?

I have no clue what’s going on with these, they seem to be tests of some kind. I find it… interesting… that these are all in the same order as a well known high-end collector’s cards :face_with_monocle: (the first card in this order is an Illustrator and there are a lot of other very expensive cards).

All four of these cards are “Charizard VSTAR” cards? And all GEM MINT 10?

3 Likes

Best not to ask questions or speculate about the undisclosed involvement that some collectors have with grading companies. :grimacing:

7 Likes

I can only imagine what’s going to be said under this post :joy:

This does look interesting though, but once again, I am a SGC man so I will grab popcorn and enjoy the conversation

1 Like

Sorry I’m dumb lol What’s happening here? Looks like label tests

1 Like

Yeah looks like label tests, I just find it interesting that it’s in the same order as someone’s trophy cards and that the pop report is affected by it.

I just got confirmation from CGC that they were label tests and they’re being removed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s the guaranteed Charizard you’ll be getting in PWCC’s mystery box for a low low price of $299 (buyer’s premium included)

7 Likes

Never thought I’d hear someone say they were “an SGC man”

1 Like

Wait till you see the ‘AGS man’ :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

You ain’t looking in the right places then my friend

1 Like

Interesting. I have seen SGC cards and they seem to grade pretty soft. I’m not a fan of their slabs or labels either. But, I guess others do like them.

1 Like

I can dig that. I know many people don’t like the slabs but interesting to hear you feel they grade soft. I know most people use them for vintage grading it seems.

Ya like who ya like

1 Like

They don’t really grade Pokemon…

2 Likes

SGC rocks. Good, fast service. A good amount of my vintage sports and non tcg are in sgc slabs. That’s being said, they are def soft on Pokemon grading and I would not use them for Pokemon lol

3 Likes

Their old green labeled Pokémon cards used to cross to PSA pretty well, but I haven’t crossed many of their new/current Pokémon cards.

label tests with actual cert numbers…?
WHAT Could POSSibly Go Wrong?!
:melting_face:

1 Like

It just makes me curious how accurate the pop report is and how many of these exist :scream_cat: Probably not many, but just food for thought.

How do we know these even impact the pop report?

I have no reason to think they wouldn’t impact the pop report, but we’ll know for sure when the certs get revoked :slight_smile:

Well these cert numbers aren’t even close in number to what real CGC certs currently have. Which are in the 4x.

So I can’t imagine it’s that difficult to not have them included.

The illustrator from this order is in the pop report.