Cgc pristine 10 shadowless charizard pop 1 up for auction on pwcc

This will be super interesting to watch i think.
https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/premier-auction/8178?q=Charizard%20cgc

3 Likes

2 words I hate so much in the same sentence: “vintage” and “cgc”. My prediction is $55k though.

2 Likes

I know you don’t like them. Its the price it goes for compared to a psa 10 that interests me. I wish it was the 1st edition Charizard pristine 10 pop 1 but this will do absolutely fine. I’ve only just realized that this is @gemmintpokemon’s card so good luck with it. It does look very clean in the pics and noticably better than psa 10s I’ve seen. Would I value this higher than a psa 10? Absolutely.

3 Likes

Can you two get along for once :laughing:

I’m curious to see what it goes for too @jac2357

1 Like

I don’t understand defending your preferred grading company tooth and nail, grading is far from a science and nothing will dethrone PSA in pokemon (especially on this forum)

4 Likes

I like @triple we disagree and yet get on absolutely fine. Definitely interesting to watch. This is the most recent psa 10 sold price but with payment pending.

1 Like

I’m grading with cgc and psa and actually have a card coming back from bgs. My only preferences is on if graders actually grade properly. Psa is king I know but cgc does a very good job with grading which I can’t fault currently. That can obviously change if I get dubious results.

Your gonna need to grade hundreds at all companies before you realize grading is arbitrary. Grading standards change companies motives change markups change. Grading does make selling easier than raw but you do not want to het lost in the grading sauce when collecting its just gonna make stuff worse

1 Like

agreed. they’re synonymous. it’s like saying big and large in the same sentence

You are absolutely right. The variables are huge. Maths is the science of finding patterns which I excel at.

you may be surprised to learn that many on this forum (and in pokemon collecting in general) are actually quite nerdy, and thus many excel at math and science.

I am just trying to save you some time, the research has been done; grading is not a science, you will be far better off if you dont take grades and company branding too seriously

2 Likes

Im not surprised at all. Its why I put up some of my primes work. I like the fact we have smart people on here.
A little more for everyone.

Pretty great price.

3 Likes

I mean that’s a yearly salary for a lot of people so of course it’s nothing at all to scoff at.

But isn’t that less than the PSA copy you posted earlier? After pwcc fees, the 55k guess from triple is surprisingly accurate. It’s only a single datapoint but it looks like the emerging trend is that the higher end market is not really putting a premium on cgc 10

6 Likes

The one thing beckett did right was its black label. Its an easily recognizable brand, perhaps bigger than beckett itself at this point in pokemon. The cgc 10, or 10’s are the opposite. They feel interchangeable and redundant. Honestly I have to look which is the top 10 because they both have the same label, and start with the same letter. They should have changed the top 10 name/label when they adjusted the grading scale.

17 Likes

100%. None of the people buying in that market actually care if the centering is 49/51 or 50/50, they just want to have an obvious visible distinction on the label and CGC whiffed completely on that. Even stranger to me is that they actually did change their sports (CSG) label last year to make the perfect 10 more “special” but didn’t carry that over to the TCG side.

9 Likes

Agree. The other issue is, if the grading standards did in fact “change”, it makes me wonder if a 10 is a 10 or more like an old 9.5? BGS Pristine and Black Labels are usually hard to get, but we’ve seen way more CGC Pristine/Perfect grades showing up than before!

3 Likes

$3000 is a negligible difference as cards are trending down. The market feels comfortable that this was worth a psa 10 price with all the risk associated with it that’s actually pretty massive in itself. More sales definitely needed to really draw more concrete conclusions.

1 Like

Youre gonna upset some people with this…
Best to just move along
giphy

2 Likes

I agree they are easier to get but it’s all relative. They obviously had room to move and still have high standards.

1 Like