What existing card do you wish could be a full art?

rules are: it has to be an existing non-full art card that you wish could be a full art.

mine:

so much potential there. what’s yours?

6 Likes

Umbreon holo from Neo Discovery, but I guess that already looks really good.

Or the Scyther/Scizor combination from one of the HGSS sets. The Feraligatr rare from that too.

I feel like the Base Pikachu full art they made for Celebrations could potentially be something they revisit, though I’m not quite sure how I would feel about it haha because they could be having new art instead.

[(https://i0.wp.com/pkmncards.com/wp-content/uploads/umbreon-neo-discovery-13.jpg?fit=600%2C825&ssl=1)
https://i0.wp.com/pkmncards.com/wp-content/uploads/en_US-HGSS3-036-scyther.jpg?fit=734%2C1024&ssl=1
https://i0.wp.com/pkmncards.com/wp-content/uploads/en_US-HGSS3-007-scizor.jpg?fit=734%2C1024&ssl=1
https://i0.wp.com/pkmncards.com/wp-content/uploads/en_US-HGSS1-020-feraligatr.jpg?fit=734%2C1024&ssl=1]

lol not sure how to use image gallery.

3 Likes

The full art is shown on the binder but trimmed in the card.

16 Likes

What card is this?

Need more casual looking FAs without crazy fancy poses – I’d love to see a borb

1 Like

It is no secret that I prefer half arts to full arts but if there is one type of card where I think I’d enjoy seeing it then it would have to be Stadium trainers, especially the iconic ones by Harada. The combination of caterpillar yellow and concrete grey here is not exactly flattering to put it mildly:

3 Likes

This Aya Kusube card. Or i wish there was just a “murkrow” - based full art (or, at this point, an alt art) with tons of murkrows or just 1 but in an interesting situation.

BST_093_R_EN_SM

3 Likes

Pretty much any sowsow card would be amazing but I really like this Girafarig

3 Likes

one of these and i would buy a few

5 Likes

So much going on in this card My first glance of this card I missed that the art from previous cards were in it. It would be fantastic to see it on a full card, and really stand out!

1 Like

Just a few that come straight to mind, that would look beyond amazing with a full, textured art:

Oh, and one more that I can’t believe I forgot about:

2 Likes

Cool thread idea!

I think a ton of the cards from the e-reader sets have great potential to expand on their already pretty wonderful arts. Just looking through Aquapolis, for example, here are a few cards I think would look even better with a full art version:

Azumaril: tons of potential off of this! Could be another Pokemon in the boat, in the water, maybe on up on a building or in the air. We need to know where this boat is going!

Scizor: Again, a lot of potential. This one is cool because Scizor is clearly the focus point, but in a full art we could keep that focus, PLUS see the entire Pokemon, as well as anything else going on in the background.

Scizor Aquapolis

Tyranitar: I think this is another great candidate. Vertically standing Pokemon (that is 6’ 7"!!!) but it is artificially left behind yellow borders because of the constraints of the box. A full art version of this would be awesome!

4 Likes

And as a bonus, sticking to the e-reader era, a trainer card I think that could really be expanded on is the Oracle card from Skyridge. There is already an Umbreon in the art, but I bet the artist could throw in some other Pokemon or good Easter eggs in an artwork that is already pretty involved in such a confined box:

1 Like

I could list any number of EX Sandstorm cards… but here are a few :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

Perfect thread for my new piece of knowledge! Now that i know of it it would be this one since there is an unique muk art below luxio in original art shown in pokemon illustration collection book

2 Likes

One of my favorite TCG artworks + it being a rare Imakuni sighting

I concur with @bk2021. Scyther HGSS Japanese version though:

2 Likes

Some cards from my collection I think would be nice full arts.

I also think that the Shining Gyarados/Shining Magikarp cards would be nice full arts but I don’t own those.

1 Like

1 Like

Definitely this one. I absolutely adore this card and I’d love to see an extended art of it.

6 Likes

Oh man, this would be GORGEOUS as a full art!

8 Likes