What Does Your Collection Excel Spreadsheet Look Like?

So I have a question for all you CRAZY smart people’s. Lol. But I have a question. Is there anyway to easily document every card that I have with a picture of it logged with a price line of it? Perhaps something that’s easily transferable between my phone and my computer? Cause I definitely can not sit behind my computer and try to figure out where every one of my cards comes from; what it’s worth and log it on a spread sheet. I just don’t do spread sheets. So is there any easier way to do this? So far I’ve been using Pokellector in a sense… To check mark everything that I love so I don’t re-buy it. But I’ve found that I’ve re-bought about 15 different cards because I can’t check it easily / quick enough to know if I have the card or not. Anyone else know of an easier way to log my cards and list them with pricing?

Any help with this would be terrific. Thank you.

I definitely use my Google spreadsheet on both my phone and computer. I do this for exactly the reasons you outlined above, to track what I have/bid on/is on its way to me so I don’t buy it again and to see how much I’ve spent.

1 Like

I like using the app Pokellector.

1 Like

You could hyperlink imgur pic links into the spreadsheet

1 Like

I have worked once during a summer as a data typer. I had to clean up and convert a spreadsheet of multiply tabs with each 100-250k lines. 10k Lines is nothing :')

2 Likes

It just seems to complicated for me! I don’t know a thing about spread sheets and I’d really love to have something a lot simpler. I just feel like spreadsheets take a lot of commitment; and also a lot of mandatory amount of work… I just can’t spend that much time dedicating to a spreadsheet & making constantly sure that it’s up to date.

1 Like

Just seems like SO much work and maintenance. I just don’t want the upkeep! Haha. I’m looking for like the laziest way out.

You literally took the breath out of my lungs. I couldn’t breathe when I read this. Lol. I literally felt like I was going to faint. So… ummm since you like to do spreadsheets so much would you just wanna categorize and log all my cards/ pricing for me? :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

There is difference between filling and maintaining a good spreadsheet and building on. During that summer job I worked for an season sports shop and their warehousing was a total mess. If they had skates (ice skates, hockey skates, rollerblades, in-line skates etc.) they made a new line for every size, colour etc. so one model of skates could have up to 100 lines. You gonna hit those 250k lines very fast that way.
A good way to start an spread sheet is just to make a text document like this:

Pikachu Base Set English 1999 First Edition NM-MT

And copy-paste it into your spreadsheet, it should make separate lines for each card and than it’s just a matter of spacing it out (or use , instead of a space, save as .csv and import it and Excel/LibreOffice/Google Docs does the spacing for you it self)

1 Like

How do you create this kind of spreasheet? Since I’m no too familiar with Excel I don’t know where to start, are there videos/links that can help me? Thanks^^

Me: I might as well do an Excel spreadsheet to follow my collection.

Also me: makes an Excel but never updates it again

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes
1 Like

@jacknapier710, Posts in threads with a last post of over two months ago are against the rules.