What are your Pet Peeves in Pokemon?

I just received a pokemon item that I purchased from ebay with a very large pubic hair inside :sob:

And I’m really sad to say it’s not the first time that’s happened either…

8 Likes

The extra large ones are the killers lol.

1 Like

Just got one yesterday from Japan :pinched_fingers:

1 Like

That’s sweet I’m still missing a french and Spanish one from my world collection all languages master set.

3 Likes

This is the problem all these modern hoarders will come across in the future, people ripping their boxes open and claiming it’s resealed/fake/tampered with

4 Likes

That was hard to read. The confidence these people have blow my mind. :melting_face:

4 Likes

There is so much blind confidence in the Pokemon investment side of the hobby. These Reddit/Facebook/Instagram/Twitter groups and influencers feel like r/WallStreetBets.

3 Likes

General pet peeve in life, which is reflected above: Dunning-Kruger is a b(&*!

Maybe because I deal with all sorts of people every day but the various “entertaining” buyer messages don’t bother me. My biggest peeves are listing practices and attitude within the community.

• “non holo” on cards that have are not rare or have no holo version. Just copy the dang grading label!
  • Other pokemon names mentioned somewhere in the listing, causing it to appear on non-related searches
  • “I can’t state the condition, you’ll just have to judge for yourself.” No! You absolutely CAN state the condition, by describing it. I know you’re not a professional grader. :angry:
  • like Dyl said, PokeStonks Bros and I’ll call it bandwagon investing in PkMn, by people who care less about the hobby than ROI.

Those YouTubers who post videos saying things like buy this set or buy this card before it sky rockets in price. Especially when it’s a modern set, so tedious

6 Likes

Slow YouTubers - Taking their time opening packs and naming every damn Pokemon inside like a pre-schooler: Dinosaur… Dog… Cat… Rat…, etc. Just hurry up and get on with it.

“This is not Investment Advice” - Yes it is. Adding that to your disclaimer might afford some legal protection, but when your whole video provides investment advice then it defeats the purpose. It’s like saying “I’m not skydiving”, then proceeds to jump out of the plane.

WotC went all crazy with Skyridge - No, they did not. They had no control over these Japanese artists. Japanese artists lived in Japan and did not work in the States. WotC did not have an overseas office in Japan. Mitsuhiro Arita, Ken Sugimori, Mikio Menjo, etc., were not employed by WotC. I think people said this before the information became more readily available.

Online raffles - It’s gambling. It’s illegal in many States without a licence. Stop trying to tempt fate by saying cops won’t care. It only takes one prosecutor who wants to prove a point, and the rest will follow. Building a prosecution case is incredibly easy when your silly raffle videos are all over social media. Zero chain of evidence issues.

Taking photos of cards on carpet or next to your pet - I love animals and I love carpets, but placing a card I want to buy on a carpet full of your foot skin dust is disgusting. Also, I don’t want animal fur in my team bag.

6 Likes

when people use “minty” to describe their cards.
just call them mint or near mint.

8 Likes

I agree, MINT isn’t that long of a word that it needs to be changed. Minty just means it damn well is not mint but you wanna have the key mint in the listing

1 Like

To be fair, we can’t rule out the possibility that “minty” is referring to the taste of their cards.

Maybe they gave their Moonbreon a good ol’ lick before putting it up on eBay?

11 Likes

When people use the term “never played” to refer to the card never being played in an actual deck.

And then the card looks like trash lol

I think it’s a bad term in general though. “Played” to describe condition should be changed but there’s not really a good alternative.

2 Likes

We could call it what it is, “rough” condition.

2 Likes

The people who turn Showdown into a cesspool because they don’t understand the difference between Pokemon and Chess. Yes, RNG sucks, no-one knows more about cosmically bad gaming luck than me. But disconnecting and/or insulting your opponent is not the answer, especially when you’re playing a game that is, even at the innermost core level of matchups and damage calcs, entirely RNG-based.

1 Like

People who disconnect on showdown are so annoying like please just surrender instead ffs.

2 Likes

Yeah, super annoying. Especially when it happens successively and they all reconnect so you have to play 3-4 battles at once.

This isn’t unique to Pokemon, but I hate listings that have white backgrounds. How am I supposed to see damage on the back? :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

Ebay dark mode