What are your Pet Peeves in Pokemon?

I feel like the tape is unnecessary 90% of the time because if the card is in a penny sleeve it won’t just slide out of the top loader.

2 Likes

Seriously. How are you gonna try to sell something in 2023, and can’t be bothered to take deccent photos?! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I really hate when people refer to 1st edition base as shadowless. All of the 1st edition cards are shadowless, theres no need to specify. Not to mention, theres a whole variant of base called shadowless without 1st edition. So how the hell am i supposed to search shadowless cards? It just jumbles everything up for no reason.

22 Likes

“Paypal ready” is another unnecessary thing to state

5 Likes

100%. I’ve complained about this before: just straight up lying in the description/title on eBay. Try searching for a PSA 9 Shadowless Charizard you end up with literally hundreds of other cards. “Non 1st edition non Shadowless non Charizard non holo PSA 9 regrade CGC 5.5 unlimited weedle!!!” Drives me crazy.

8 Likes

I have a few that come to mind:

• Packaging: It seems like at times people either overdo it or do too little and rarely just right. Either a ton of unnecessary tape and bubble wrap or in some cases not even in a toploader or sleeve (yes I’ve had this happen). Anyway, I just hate the amount of environmental waste it can create at times, or the card can be damaged if too little is used. It seems like this should be an easy one to do, but yet no one ever does it quite the same as another person.
  • No Pictures: Unless I’m buying from a large/reputable seller, I absolutely hate not having some pics of a card, especially if it’s more than say $20 or so. It’s so frustrating to buy something “NM” with a stock/factory photo of the card for it to be more like LP/MP condition when it arrives.
  • “Investment” style ads: This is another annoyance. I hate when I see “INVEST NOW” in an ad or anything to try and hype the card up. “You won’t get another chance like this!” or “I hate to let this one go!”. I’d much prefer just an honest description of what you are selling because it just turns me off to see all the extra hype like this.
2 Likes

People who put cards straight in top loaders without a penny sleeve… why are you like this? :upside_down_face:

12 Likes

Sometimes i think people confuse the title for a tags section (does ebay even have tags?). I also rly dont like when im trying to search for a booster pack and theres just tons of loot box style “chance for a fossil pack, but youll probably get swsh base!” Type ads. Uncertainty of the cards inside wasnt enough, gotta pull the pack too!

2 Likes

Another peeve, 3rd party rng repackaging. Mystery Loot raffle waffle. :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Mystery boxes! I cant relate to anyone who buys those. The only tolerable ones ive ever seen are Pokerev’s, but half of that is because hes a great dude overall it seems and not even whats in the mystery boxes

This.

1000000 percent THIS.

3 Likes

Hot and fresh off the presses. :melting_face:

30 Likes

the constant reminder that we never got, and will never get an eseries metagross

6 Likes
  1. It has been said above by other members, but I can’t stand the amount of waste both by TPCi and others in the hobby.
  • You do not need tape on a Toploader. Putting tape on a Toploader ruins it for the dozen other people who could potentially use it in its lifetime. I don’t mind receiving lightly used Toploaders, so nothing gets under my skin like seeing an otherwise new one taped shut.

• TPCi needs to seriously reduce the amount of plastic and extra bulls*** they pack into products. Switch to some cardboard alternative or reduce the size of the overall package. There is no excuse for a lot of it other than for making flashy boxes.

(I’m not an over-the-top environmentalist either)

1. Sellers on eBay who post stock images for cards. I’ve been blocked by a couple of big Canadian sellers who sent me the wrong cards because they had the wrong listing pictures. Plus it forces you to gamble with their condition standards.
10 Likes

This isn’t necessarily specific to the Pokémon TCG, but I really hate when people use gloves to handle cards.

5 Likes

Fake hype and meme language during pack/box openings. You know what I’m talking about. “Let’s f*cking goooooo”, “You know how we do”, “Yeah we out here!!”. All that kind of shit is really annoying. Just talk like a normal person.

7 Likes

Welcome to Openboosters !

11 Likes

I feel like this isn’t very specific to Pokemon and applies to most social media-obsessed people in general. Lol.

2 Likes

Agreed… feels more like a Gen Z thing to me. It’s just extra cringe when people in their mid-30s and 40s are screaming those phrases.

2 Likes

Whenever someone sends me this type of message, I never reply anymore. There was a time when I used to actually answer, but it never once resulted in a sale and too many times just triggered an aggravating response from the “customer.”

1 Like