What are the top 20 most valuable pokemon cards?

What are the most valuable cards? im taking into account rarity, and price, rather than just “Its base set 1, 1st edition, shadowless charizard” As no, its not.

What does this mean? Value is money, rarity is the amount printed - which is also different from the amount available at any point in time

1 Like

IMG_0179

:goldstar: :frog:

7 Likes

value is not necessarily 100% money. Plus saying base set 1 shadowless charizard 1st edition is a boring answer. As, yes while its worth almost the most money, there seems to be a lot out there (Even tho its rare). Things like the masked royale tokyo promo has only 100 prints, while the zard has several thousand. Sure ill edit it to remove the rarity part tho.

Edit: also value also is represenitive of how hard it is to find, ontop of price.

Value is money. If you want to use a different definition that’s fine. But you need to clarify what your definition is and it needs to be precise if you want a definitive ranking.

8 Likes

Interestingly, we’ve already curated a partial list here!

Top 20 most expensive Pokemon card sales of all time

See also the in-depth discussion of highest card sales here: Top 20 most expensive pokemon cards of all time [BUT ACTUALLY ACCURATE]

3 Likes

This is partially complete as you mentioned but also in a hidden category for people with the @Researcher role :slight_smile:

2 Likes

when i finish the artist article (Sorry for not getting around to it. i havent for mh reasons) can i get the role >:(

1 Like

Don’t spill the beans just yet, we need a year or two before the army comes out of hiding. :ninja: :frog:

3 Likes

This is more like a “how long is a piece of string” question, Are we going off all time sales, or today’s current market? Most of this will be speculation, can we only go off the highest graded copies or what we estimate the highest graded copy will sell for?

I am always intrigued by the “rarest” or “most expensive” cards in the hobby but feel like these are nearly impossible lists to accurately represent as theirs so many variations.

3 Likes

I think this will help me a lot…

2 Likes

Well, i want to know how valuable the CARD is, not the piece of plastic and paper that its encased in.

So we take every card in Mint condition and then value it off a raw value? Even if some have never sold in this condition before? very difficult way to determine the most expensive cards. It’s a very flakey type of list imo

Eh, nvm lmao