What are the most valued/desired/rarest cards in existence ?

Ok, I knew I was off on something lol. Thanks, I’ll go read those :blush:

I offered a lot of money for a pre RAICHU this past year, knowing if they existed it would flush one out for sure and though I had several correspondence they turned out being either scammers or the known collectors fizzled out when it came down to sending very high res pictures.
Not only was no deal made (I offered way over expected market) but it DIDNT EVEN PRODUCE ONE PICTURE. There’s one old fake picture that’s circulated for years but it’s always the same one. I spent a LOT of time on this and it was all wasted.

What I suspect is one overprinted (fake) copy was brought out at an event years ago and shown to somebody like PokePop or whatever and the legend was born.
I say give up the ghost but I understand urban legends are fun like Bigfoot or the Lochness monster.

3 Likes

There are some collectors that have enough money to simply ignore the flushes.

Maybe one day we’ll find out :confused:

The legitimate copy belongs to a collector that doesn’t need money. It was the one mentioned in the article charlie posted.

Rarest cards in terms of how many copies exist are: No. 1/2/3 Trainer Trophy cards. The most expensive ones were given out many years ago

1 Like

There are more and more cards that simply aren’t for sale. That’s been the theme that’s popped out at me as the great toss up of exceedingly rare cards we’ve seen over the last year and a half begins to relax.

There are more than 1 but definitely the rarest artwork out there

The rarest cards are this square cut french deck :

:grin:

1 Like

I’m afraid he’s got you all fooled.
He doesn’t have an authentic copy of a card that doesn’t and never did exist legitimately.
Sure there have been fake stamp ones but there’s two sure ways to authenticate one but one has never appeared to be checked.

Now until one surfaces (and can be certified), THERE IS NO SUCH THING.

3 Likes

Some great choices, I tend to agree with the blastoise error and the hitmonlee cigar error. If your into that kind of thing. Just scarcity of them is unbeatable.

I personally have a big intrinsic drawing to the pokemon snap set, and I have never seen a complete snap set surface online… ever. It perhaps could be a harder set to complete than the single illustrator or trophy set.

3 Likes

And the legend lives on;)
You don’t think that if 21, or any, existed one would have popped up over the last 15 years? Just one?
And pokepop?..I wouldn’t trust him to know a real one if it bit him in the arse.
Plus, Rusty has never seen one either. Nobody with any expertise or repute has ever closely checked one out and found a legit one…only fakes. And there have been some decent fakes,
The same stories and picture is all that ever circulate. Only fake ones ever surface and they are all aftermarket stamps.
IVe been trying for years for someone to step up and prove me wrong but only the same old stories get rehashed.
Those dudes like Boozer are all talk. And finally Will…he won’t get the card checked out cause he doesn’t want to know the truth,
Again, if Im wrong “Prove it today”. The old info doesn’t hold up…

1 Like

You can lead a horse to water…but you can’t make him drink;)

4 Likes

I know we always do this dance with the raichu, but if I were more involved with grading when Willam had his copy, it would of had a much better chance of being graded, and would end the unnecessary chirping.

William was the one who initially purchase the copy from Mike. He attempted to get it graded, along other trophy cards that we all grade now with ease. This is due to myself and others who submitted documents detailing the cards distribution. Literally within the same year William attempted to grade some of his trophy cards and was denied, I successfully graded my own.

Since William could not grade the card, he sold it, as he was one of the OG’s in pokemon to really valued grading. Either way, the card is real. If it isn’t, then neither are loads of cards that were never intended to be released, including square cut blastoise. :open_mouth:

1 Like

I’m in no way an expert on these things but I will throw out my two cents:

I just find it hard to be convinced it’s a real thing. All of this seems almost anecdotal. I heard about the card several years ago and tried to look it up with no success. It was just a bunch of the same: “I know someone who has it.”

There’s no public record, public identification, etc. available to 100% confirm that: Yes, this is a real card.

I normally take the opinion and comments of older and more-seasoned collectors more seriously than my own when it comes to these things since my knowledge is very amateur.

But those two links didn’t convince me and seemed more of the same thing of “I know someone who has it.” but there’s no graded copies, there’s no public record, nothing. The guy, Will, says he has it but didn’t even offer any pictures to share to the rest of the community.

Granted, he’s not entitled to do so, but I still feel it’s a dick move for such a high-rate talked about card.

For a card that has been passed through collection folklore for so many years, you’d think someone would have been able to stick the final nail in the coffin concerning the issue of whether it was real or not.

So I can only deduce a few things here if the card is REAL:

1. The process of authenticating it is so convoluted that it may take years for it to do so (which many people seem to be suggesting).
  2. Those who own it aren’t providing even pictured evidence or anything like that to even suggest that, yes, they have it in their possession (granted, I can see a few people saying that it might make them a target, but if you’re already up and saying you have it, you’ve already created a target of yourself in that sense).
  3. The supposed WOTC employees who have knowledge of it are being hush-hush about it for whatever reasons.

I’m not an expert on all things related to collecting cards. Hell up until last year, I didn’t even know the New Year Present card existed so I could have it in my Gyarados collection.

BUT, when there seems to be a lot of rabble about one legendary card that we’ve all probably heard about, and the only apparent evidence available to the public of it’s existence is “I know someone who has it.” or “I have it.” with little to no follow-up… I’m sorry, but I’m not sold.

Granted, this opinion of ours of whether its real or isn’t real shouldn’t devolve into any ill-will towards one another. We’re collectors talking about collecting. I don’t want it to turn into something like the topic that was presented on the other forum with people being all angry and disappointed at each other and playing the blame game.

So final two cents on top of the two cents:

• If you believe the card is real: Excellent, that’s great, and if you 100% KNOW for sure, then you’re the better for it and have a rare knowledge of probably one of THEE most rarest/desired/wanted/talkedabout cards in Pokemon TCG history. But please understand that others may need more convincing and probably should be given that time to be convinced.

• If you believe the card isn’t real: Then you may not be playing into a large myth that will forever be a myth and will be happy to not have this kind of thing bother you and you don’t have to worry about collecting it either. But please understand that others believe it’s real and that some have been known to say they even own it and you should respect their decision to keep it, and possibly that knowledge, to themselves.

The card will never be authenticated because there are no authentic issues in existence.
If more show up on ebay ignore it or warn others so they don’t get ripped off like Will and several others did.
And finally if PSA or BGS ever do grade one (though theyre on the lookout) it’s an oversight just ignore it.

And Scott…don’t diss the Blastoise lol. It’s much harder to alter a card by “removing” something that it is “adding” something. Unless your adding sharp corners to a properly sized card;)

Gary, how do you feel about Global Warming? lmao

And there’s not even a point in having the discussion because most people don’t have a single clue what they’re talking about. A few that should know better just yell louder to justify their emotions. Then the voice of reason gets drowned out because stubbornness keeps screaming.

It’s exactly why “news” stations are garbage for gaining political knowledge.

You want to learn something? Go meet some people and start learning first hand. There’s real information out there. Real sources. Real cards. And that isn’t changing, no matter how far into your ears you shove your own fingers.

3 Likes

There is no documentation of square cuts being issued. There is no documentation for the error on blastoise either. Moreover, there is no documentation for a lot of the english error cards that we all know are real.

However, there is documentation for the PreRelease Raichu.

There are cards graded by PSA that do not have documentation of an “authentic issue”. The sample set is a great example. Not only were they not supposed to exist, but they were printed illegally, yet they are gradable. If the legitimate sources can verify the PreRaichu, which is possible, it can be graded.

Also, in regards to the general discussion, the speculation into absurdity is not only foolish, but offensive. Ignoring articles like this is simply ignorant and undermines experts in the field. If people want to be conspiratorial about preraichu, do the same for no stage blastoise, ninetales error, or any other error that has no “documentation”.

1 Like