What are the best non-tcg pokemon products to collect?

I’ve recently gotten into pokemon coins and poker cards. What are your favorite products to collect that aren’t original pokemon cards? Preferably things you can grade :o

4 Likes

I love those poker cards. They are, truly, the best card-based showcase of that era of art. Big image, clean presentation, they are just great add-ons to any vintage collection.

I must object to the terminology of “knock off” though. I consider this more “TCG Adjacent.” It’s legit!!

5 Likes

These tins came as bonus packaging material for cards.

I love them for some reason. Im not entirely certain its a from a knock off or w/e

These dumbass sleeves

4 Likes

As long as Psyduck is on it, anything card / stickers / postcards related!

Pictures are old, but representative of what im saying :slight_smile:

Id love to pick Pokemon Center sleves as well but they are hard to find (and I dont want the sealed package, im fine just with one or two for my collection). I love this ones!

5 Likes

Fun, fairly cheap and great if you like Gen 1: Action Flipz, Hasbro Battle Coins, and Marbles.

Surprised nobody has mentioned topps yet……

7 Likes

Topps are cool (there a flim frame cards as in a piece of movie film in the card), but BK toy roll out for the first wave of pokemania was divine

1 Like

ah yea i do agree with the term tcg adjacent; they are still official products. and yess the poker cards are incredible. i am a doduo collector so i am thinking of getting a graded copy of one

1 Like

the poker cards are truly incredible. Does psa grade them? I’ve only seen bgs copies

2 Likes

One of my favorite non-TCG products are the Amada Attack stickers.

Here some for Seviper (the last one with Entei I’m unfortunately still missing. :frowning: )

The TFG figures are one of my favorites as well. Here some nice examples:

TFG Elekid

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes

Huh. I definitely thought those poker card sales were some money laundering scheme :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

This are actually pretty cool, the illustrations are like modern Carddass. I hope you can find the Entei one to have the fullset :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am shocked no one has mentioned 1997 carddass. It is the superior way to experience vintage pokemon and are in a category of their own. I am actually disappointed that none of my fellow members spoke up about this beautiful set. The art, quality, rarity, and overall vibe of the set is off the hook. Seriously though it’s a super fun set to collect and is still underrated after all these years.

4 Likes

I agree @sparky55603, 1997 Carddass is very creative set! I’m also a fan of 1996 Carddass prisms.

Gengar out here lookin extra chonky. :heart_eyes_cat:

6 Likes

great observation. I have yet to collect this set. If my final cards from '97 carddass ever come in from Japan this is my next project. Pretty elusive too for mint ones

3 Likes

Yes, mint copies of the 1996 prisms are uncommon. Supposedly green prisms came before the red prisms, but the green copies don’t always hold a premium for being the “first edition” of the 1996 set.

Bulbapedia says,

The first Pokemon Carddass sets were released in September 1996 by the Japanese toy making company Bandai. They were sold in sets of 5 cards for ¥100 or one card for ¥20. The Pokémon Trading Card Game was released one month later in October 1996 by the company Media Factory, so the first set of Bandai Carddass cards are widely regarded as the first Pokémon cards ever released. The official name given to the two initial batches of cards were were "Carddass 100 Pocket Monster Green Part 1 " and "Carddass 100 Pocket Monster Red Part 2 "

1 Like

If carddass qualify, they are the most qualified! :sunglasses:

15 Likes

Besides the 1997 carddass, I am also a big fan of the Bandai Anime Carddass collection. They are super nostalgic to me since anime was my introduction to Pokemon. Some of the foil cards look really nice.

Pity there are so many counterfeits to wade through.

Cheers!

3 Likes

really like this ones! also, Topps anime it has some amazing and nostalgic cards, this right here it’s probably my favourite Dragonite “card” ever, as I loved the episode!

Also, I like how they created cards for Pokemon that are not canon in the games or the TCG, but they are in the anime, like this two: Crystal Onix & Giant Tentacruel (destroying the city in a kaiju style!)

s-l500 (9)
s-l500

3 Likes

Never heard of the TFG figures before. Now to go and search for the Chimchar one.

2 Likes

You forgot to mention how amazing the back of the card is with the original in game sprites!

4 Likes