What are the best non-tcg pokemon products to collect?

While i don’t have any, the resin statues by favorgk are sicckkk and i wish pokemon would make some of their own

2 Likes

HAH, I finally found them! Many rounds of low-effort searching for pictures of these before but could never find the ones with the right thickness, metallic sheen and profile Sugimori art.

The ones I have buried in a commode somewhere don’t look exactly like these, I think, but this is the closest I’ve seen online (maybe someone knows more about what we had in northern europe à la 2000?) Actually scratch that, these have to be the right ones, just packaged differently.

3 Likes

Green copies technically aren’t “first edition” of the 1996 set, despite the name of the first release of this set being “Carddass 100 Pocket Monster Green Part 1” – Both Green and Red cards were BOTH released in the first release of this set. The checklist cards in this set show which cards were released in part 1 and which cards were released in part 2. This infographic helps explain. ::::

3 Likes

Hmm, I didn’t know this! Thanks for finding the infographic! :smiley:

2 Likes

Man I really really wish there was a larger market for sleeves. They would be so easy to trade with others because there’s 64 in a pack - you’d have so many duplicates to trade with others! Very easy to get a large collection very cheaply. Plus the art is all full art with no text on it!

1 Like

Agree, Id love to do that, The art of a lot of them is fantastic and they are a cheapest but cool way to have even high-end of exclusive designs as the Pikachu/Eevee with ponchos, Pikachu Mario/Luigi, Charizard shiny… :frowning:

I think clear files & postcards are goated for the amazing art and value

2 Likes

Same. Binders as well. When I started looking for vintage files/binders last year on JP marketplaces, I was surprised how cheap they were. I managed to find this rare Arita-illustrated binder from 2004 on Mercari last fall for under $20! One of my favorite Pokemon items I own.

6 Likes

binders completely slipped my mind! yes binders would definitely fall in the same category along with the files and post cards

Here’s some of random non TCG Typhlosion stuff I’ve acquired.

6 Likes

Newspaper clippings are interesting as well.

6 Likes

incredible

2 Likes

straight fire. literally

2 Likes
3 Likes

Bandai Carddass is definitely on another level to anything else non-TCG. Such a shame they didn’t do a set for Johto.

4 Likes

I go crazy for phone cards :eyes:

1 Like

1998 Tomy Japanese figures still in the box!

images (18)

3 Likes

These 1998 Sealdass Stitch Touch cards are pretty neat!

4 Likes

What a steal! Super jealous.

As for A4 clear folders, I’ve had my eyes peeled for those for years, because they take up Zero room. My space is very limited, and like raw cards, flat clear files are also easy to store, and port, and they offer some great options for art and illustrations. =)

1 Like

Flyers are generally only $10-100 each and have some of the best nostalgia gut punches around.

6 Likes