Welcome to Elite Fourum Thread

Hi! “shinyumbreon” here! (for now just using my username, i have a way too “recognizable” name :stuck_out_tongue: )
I am a member for around 10 days i think? Posted a few times, but somehow missed this topic!
So, let’s see.
I am 27, a first year midwifery student, and also a veterinary nurse. Besides pkmn I love to be creative; I write, dance, listen to music, do gymnastics and draw. And probably more hah.
‘‘I am a Jack of all trades, master of none oftentimes better than a master of one.’’

I’m from the Netherlands, living with my boyfriend and our 7 y/o twins, beautiful son and daughter; Kellogs and Brinta (Yes, they are cats but i dont see the difference okay?)
and i’ve been a Pokemón fan since i can remember. I remember playing Pokemon Sapphire and started learning English that way!
I have always collected cards, played the games, and I was always exactly on time to watch a Pokemon episode ríght before school; i got dressed, got my cereal and sat on the floor while my grandma did my hair. She was always complaining about that loud “Pikachu” (every animated animal was Pikachu for her lol)

So around 12/14 y/o maybe, I randomly decided to sell my cards. My father is an artist, and knows about value, and collecting, and he always told me to never get rid of them.
And ofcourse, what does a 13 y/o teenager do who needs extra cash for her snacks?
Sell all of her collectibles. For around 3? euro’s maybe?
I don’t even know, sometimes I still am not sure if i sold it all. All of these years im thinking " They must be somewhere in the attic or basement or…" One day i will empty every old moldy box to be SURE there isn’t a binder somewhere. It is quite a sensitive topic for me, tbh.

But I always have been a huge pkmn fan, even after selling the cards. I have played the games throughout my teens till now (had a break in the sun/moon/black/white era).
I always wanted to start collecting again, I just did not know how… where to start… what to buy…

Last few years i dabbled in trying to collect the cards again… had a hyperfocus on them for 3 months (yay adhd) and then stopped/paused. Not that i wasn’t interested anymore, no. It’s because i wanted it to be perfect and complete asap and … yeah… thats not how it works.

So i gave it a good thought. What do i WANT to collect, exactly?
I knew it. It hit me. I looked at my arm, and I had found my niche:

Eeveelutions! A month-ish ago I “officially” started collecting all of the Eeveelutions! My favourites would be Umbreon and Espeon, I’d say, but I love them all very much.
Here i try to share my cards with you. I am trying to find a way to sort/organize them, so its not all of the cards yet. I think that’s all! This was long enough :)!
xo shinyumbreon

14 Likes