Website for checking past sales of Japanese exclusive sets?

Hey there, fellas.

I’m another one of the new guys to the hobby and Pokemonprice has been an amazing resource for me so far. I’ve been looking into some Japanese exclusive sets like the VS and the vending series and I haven’t been able to find any good list of past sale prices. Does anything like that exist beyond recent ebay sold listings? Or am I expecting too much given that these cards are sold across multiple different websites and it would be a hassle to keep track of them all?

I’m curious how you guys keep on top of sets like this, because Pokemonprice doesn’t seem to list them.

For me it’s mostly just experience of looking at prices of auctions, BINs and overall availability on different websites over a longer period of time. At some point you don’t have to check Pokemonprice or eBay sold listings, because you have a good intuition of what’s a good price for any condition.

2 Likes

Ahh, that’s what I figured. Thanks for letting me know; I was wondering if I was missing something obvious.

In this same vein, is there any source better than Bulbopedia for confirming sets to Japanese art? I know the handful of art changes between English and Japanese offerings, but their are some slight to large card differences among Japanese cards offered in different promotions or retail packages, and Bulbopedia is somewhat clumsy on how they differentiate and document.